In this role, you will be responsible for all technical aspects of customer engagement. You will be responsible for actively driving and managing technology evaluation, working as a key advisor and advocate for our products and solutions. You must be able to articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users. You will also be responsible for developing RFP responses and providing training on our products to partners and end-customers.
- Developing and delivering presentations to partners and customers in support of the sales process, educating potential customers on the benefits of ChargePoint solutions
- Act as a technical consultant, learning and understanding customer needs and developing the right solutions; working with product management to help align product development with customer and market needs.
- Working with the Sales Directors and Account Managers, research, develop, and deliver account reviews for key customers
- Responsible for providing technical training on our products and solutions to ChargePoint sales, partners, as well as end customers
- Maintain knowledge of the competitive landscape and how to sell against the competition
- Support beta, proof of concept, and pilot programs at customer sites and interface with customer engineers and developers
- Responsible for identifying technical issues that may affect customer satisfaction and proactively work to solve such issues
- Provide both general “best practice” and site specific engineering recommendations for telecommunications (cellular and WiFi) and electricalinfrastructure; analyze and perform detailed calculations for electrical service load profiling, capacity planning, and energy management
- Maintain knowledge of the National Electrical Code (NEC) and relevant state and local codes, specifically related to Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment (EVSE)
- Respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs and RFPs, assist in the development and execution of SoWs (statements of work)
- Respond to Information Security / Information Technology (IS/IT) questions related to networksecurity and Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliance
- Responsible for providing technical training on our products and solutions to sales and channel team as well as end customers
Desired Skills and Experience:
- B.S or M.S in Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of combined experience in technical sales or technical consulting
- Experience should include: telecommunications, software development, technical writing, developing and delivering customer presentations, customer training, electricalinfrastructure and energy management
- Excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills
- Strong customer facing and relationship building skills.