In this role, you will be responsible for all technical aspects of customer engagement in support of Canada. You will be responsible for actively driving and managing technology evaluation, working as a key advisor and advocate for our products and solutions, engaging with customers in person or on the phone, performing engineering site assessments, and developing recommendations to assist customers with deployment of electric vehicle charging infrastructure. You will also be responsible for developing RFP responses and providing training on our products.
The applicant must be self-motivated and able to effectively manage their time.
Travel requirement: Approximately 30% travel within Canada and the United States.
The applicant must be fluent in French.
- Develop and deliver presentations and demonstrations in support of the sales process, educating potential customers on the benefits of ChargePoint integrated solutions, including AC and DC charging stations and charger, vehicle, and energy management software platforms.
- Act as a technical consultant, learning and understanding customer needs and developing the right solutions; working with product management to help align product development with customer and market needs.
- Maintain knowledge of the competitive landscape and how to sell against the competition.
- Provide both general “best practice” and site-specific engineering recommendations for civil and electrical infrastructure and telecommunications (cellular and WiFi); analyze and perform detailed calculations for electrical service load profiling, capacity planning, and energy management.
- Responsible for identifying technical issues that may affect customer satisfaction and proactively work to resolve such issues.
- Maintain knowledge of the National Electrical Code (NEC) and relevant state and local codes, specifically related to Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment (EVSE).
- Respond to functional and technical elements of RFPs; assist in the development and execution of SoWs (statements of work) and other proposals.
- Respond to Information Security / Information Technology (IS/IT) questions related to network security and data privacy.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- B.S. or M.S in Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of combined experience in technical sales or technical consulting
- Experience should include some of: electrical engineering, construction management, telecommunications, information technology, software development, technical writing
- Excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills
- Strong customer facing and relationship building skills
- Fluency in French is required