Cerner is growing! As a Sales Engineer you will have the opportunity to impact Cerner’s Solutions spanning across 35 countries and more than 25,000 facilities.
You will develop and maintain consultative relationships with clients and internal stakeholders based on deep technical, solution or domain knowledge.
You will lead client pre-sales calls, technical demonstrations and onsite technical evaluation and design sessions. You will be a key player to consult with clients on the technical approach to be used on a project and software environment and hardware configuration decisions.
You will provide support by ensuring proposals and scope align with solution requirements, organizational needs and overall strategies. Most importantly you will demonstrate return on investment to the client for assigned solution.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field, or equivalent relevant work experience
- At least 5 years of Information technology work experience
- At least 2 years of technical sales work experience
- Experience with standard network technologies – wired, wireless, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, NAT, SSL, WiFi (802.11), security
- At least 2 years of experience troubleshooting complex issues within multi-tiered architectures
- At least 2 years of experience with Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) and End User Computing (EUC)
- Experience working with infrastructure solutions: enterprise storage systems, server technologies, security, virtualization, and DR/HA.
- Industry leading Certifications (ex. CCNA, CISSP, VCP, MCSE) or equivalent experience
- Willing to travel up to 50% as needed
- Willing to work additional or irregular hours as needed and allowed by local regulations
- Work in accordance with corporate and organizational security policies and procedures, understand personal role in safeguarding corporate and client assets, and take appropriate action to prevent and report any compromises of security within scope of position
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned.