Job Description: Outside Sales and demand creation for an innovative HVAC manufacturer located in Kansas City, KS (66105). Position requires calling on Architects, Engineers, and Contractors presenting our Green Sustainable Air Conditioning solutions. AirFixture is a global leader in this field with the most complete product line and more application experience than anyone. The preferred base location for this position is Kansas City, KS, but the right candidate can work remotely from most anywhere across the country.
Regular Duties: (not limited to as other duties may be assigned)
- Prospect in your assigned territory for project opportunities for AirFixture systems.
- Work with local distribution to identify all sales influences related to a project.
- Satisfy all sales influences and secure a good project specification to enhance our competitive position.
- Quote, follow up, and close projects.
- Oversee project management of project installations through completion.
- Confer with management, engineering, customers and others to discuss existing or potential projects and applications for our products.
- Represent company at trade association meetings to promote products.
- Direct and coordinate manufacturing, installation, maintenance, support, documentation and testing activities to ensure compliance with specifications, codes, and customer requirements.
- Inspect completed products, installations and observe operations to ensure conformance to design and equipment specifications and compliance with operational and safety standards.
- Oversee project production efforts to assure projects are completed satisfactorily, on time and within budget.
- Investigate customer or public complaints, determine nature and extent of problem, and recommend remedial measures.
- Travel to domestic territory 2-3 days per week, international territories available.
Field and Office sales with time spent in the plant or home office, laboratory, manufacturing plant, and construction site (in a variety of different conditions) including sitting, walking, standing, face-to-face discussions, telephone, heavy computer usage, e-mail, open office environment. Some nights and weekends required. Travel is required.
Education, Knowledge, and Skills:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related work experience.
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods.
- Knowledge of psychometrics, refrigeration, fluid and air flow mechanics.
- Proficient in mathematics and mechanical engineering calculations and formulas.
- Sales skills and proficiency.
- Active and effective listening and verbal communications.
- Troubleshooting to determine causes of operating errors.
- Critical thinking using logic and reasoning to identify alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Effective time management.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced, customer driven engineering and manufacturing environment.
- Team player, but highly effective when working on one’s own.