The Sales Engineer will be responsible for working in tandem with core team salespeople and sales engineers from the initial contact with prospective customers, providing BroadSoft Business solution set expertise, speaking with confidence, investigating new use-cases, assessing opportunity viability, working with relevant Product Management personnel and, in general, providing a subject matter expertise on all topics related to BroadCloud.
The success metrics will be pipeline growth as well as new sales revenue from qualified carriers, service providers, IT services companies and other organizations deploying Hosted PBX and related services. These will include existing BroadWorks clients as well as new “greenfield” service providers. These tasks shall include working in a structured way towards defining initial deployment goals through internal feasibility analysis as well as performing regular account management to facilitate post-sale opportunity expansion. Daily work shall involve working with the existing commercial, operations, engineering and product management organizations in order to construct and propose, jointly with othersalespeople, clear solutions using technology developed and/or supported by BroadSoft. Given the expansion of the BroadSoft product line, primarily through acquisition, into advanced Call Center, Collaboration, Conferencing, and related applications, much emphasis will be placed on cross-selling.
Expected Skills and Responsibilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication, listening and presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively, add value as a team member with subject matter expertise as a BroadCloud team member.
- A complete understanding of the BroadSoft product set.
- A thorough understanding of the basics of cloud-based telecommunications solutions, including call center, conferencing and unified communications and collaboration technology.
- An understanding of cloud-based service delivery models and architecture – and its principal challenges, advantages and permutations.
- Ability to understand how to operationalize complex commercial applications of solutions using VoIP technology.
- Ability to recommend and aid in the implementation of BroadSoft’s products and service with third party applications and providers.
- The ability to work productively with internal colleagues at BroadSoft.
- Exceptional work ethic.
- Ability to work remotely from a home environment or while traveling with high speed wire-line and wireless Internet access.
- Ability to travel as required, up to 50%.
- 10+ years relevant telecommunications/VoIP industry experience.
- Familiarity with all high use computer software including MS Office suite, Adobe Acrobat, etc. Working knowledge of some of the basic network protocol analyzer software tools used to support VoIP networks is a plus.
- Strong organizational and personal time management skills.
Expected Job Tasks
- Confer with potential and current service provider prospects and customers regarding their needs and advise them on types of solutions they may require in a highly consultative manner, addressing commercial and technical concerns and illustrating operational models as they best suit the prospects’ or customers’ requirements.
- Involve Engineering and Product Management resources as appropriate to support the sales process.
- Work jointly with othersales personnel to construct professional proposals and communicate them effectively to prospects.
- Address prospects’ feedback, providing innovative and constructive solutions as objections arise.
- Represent company at industry tradeevents and conferences.
- Monitor customer preferences and work closely with colleagues to recommend how products and services can be refined.
- Accurately and timely document work efforts as appropriate.
- Meet or exceed quotas as established.
- Attend required company meetings.
- Follow all Company policies regarding travel, entertainment, etc.