RequirementsThe successful candidate will possess the following combination of attributes, education andexperience:
- Education - BA or BS in Engineering, Computer Science desired.
- Over five (5)+ years of experience with field systems management and software applications in the capacity of sales engineering or IT support operations highly desired.
- ITIL, CISSP, SANS GSEC, GCIH, ISACA, GISA, CISA or CISM certification desirable.
- Must have prior pre-sales and systems level experience within an enterprise support model, application development a plus.
- Prior experienceworking with system integrators or value-added sales channels.
- Prior experience working in operations, project management, or planning for a major SI.
- The individual will possess a pre-sales/sales engineering background in applications with enterprise application technologies and/or various software applications.
- Analytical thinker with proven verbal and written communications skills including group presentation abilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a positive attitude and an ability to engage with customer’s technical staff and implementation groups.
- Sales evangelizing – general familiarity with the selling of system level products into enterprise accounts.
- Must be highly flexible and willing to travel frequently on short notice – up to 50% travel.
- Prior industry knowledge and the ability to adapt quickly to changing environments.
- Ability to lead as well as collaborate as part of a team.
- Provide technical overview of our product architecture, functionality, system / data requirements, and integration with other enterprise applications
- Credibly describe and demonstrate our solutions such that prospects see their top-of-mind problems solved in both onsite and online (web based) venues.
- Ability to discuss and demonstrate how Tripwire solutions map to Change Management processes and ITIL best practices within the IT service management framework.
- Develop customer specific technical product demonstrations and assist customers with growth and migration planning.
- Provide prospective customers with expert assistance in setting up and evaluating the Tripwire software solutions within their testing and staging environments (Proof of concept and Pilot installations) and provide post-sales customer support.
- Act as a principal liaison to product marketing and product engineering in communicating customer requirements and information.
- Research competitors, stay current on the competitive landscape, work with the product marketing group to capture and document competitor’s capabilities and future plans.
- Must have strong virtualization experience as well as a thorough knowledge of cloud infrastructure.
- Stay current with the Operating systems and networking infrastructure that Tripwire supports, e.g. Linux, AIX, HPUX, Solaris, Windows Server families/AD, and common networking infrastructure (Cisco, Foundry, Nortel, Alcatel, Nokia, etc.)
- Familiar with SQL syntax and implementation – (MySQL, MSSQL, Oracle etc.) Scripting knowledge is a plus.
- Participate in customer facing seminar presentations, speaker engagements, etc.
- Staff and participate in regional Tradeshows.
- Assist fellow SEs as needed in other Regions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.