The Sales Engineer will partner with Alteryx sales account teams, typically for multiple accounts, to grow and expand the footprint of the Alteryx user community within existing Enterprise Accounts. This role provides in-depth technical knowledge and is the primary interface with the customer’s technology leaders, through high-level technical solutions expertise.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide pre and post-sales support for qualified expansion opportunities for Alteryx Data Blending and Advanced Analytics offerings.
- Craft and Deliver technical presentations of offerings to new potential users.
- Engage customers to extract critical technical and business drivers that may position Company Deliverables.
- Conduct technical working sessions to jointly architect solutions leveraging the Alteryx Designer Desktop with prospective new users.
- Conduct enablement sessions to provide hands on training of the Alteryx Designer and Server products.
- Support various marketing initiatives through content creation and delivery.
- Remain up-to-date on Alteryx solutions and products and maintain familiarity and adherence to all Company methods and procedures.
- Ability to provide second level support including assisting with creating customized or out of the box solutions.
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- College Degree, 3+ years of experience in a field Sales Engineer/Sales Consulting role.
- Proven experiencesupporting the sale of Business Intelligence tools, solutions, and applications.
- Experience delivering business insights from data using pivot tables, advanced Excel models, or business intelligence tools.
- Experience with analytics tools such as SAS, SPSS, R, or MATLAB.
- Excellent technical skills and common business applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
- Basic knowledge of SQL query language and data manipulation concepts.
- Exceptional ability to listen, assess and document information from client.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills along with superior presentation skills required.
- Ability to handle a fast-paced environment and continuously re-prioritize while maintaining a constant focus on participating in the sales process.