Sales Engineers are the primary technical resource for the field sales force. Sales Engineers are responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with the Sales and Operations teams as the key technical advisor. The Sales Engineer must be able to articulate technology and product positioning. Must be able to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle with Sales and Operations. Commercial Sales System Engineer is responsible for the design of ADT Fire Alarm, Intrusion Security, CCTV, and Card Access Systems in accordance with Sales and Operations protocols. Receives project specifications from Sales Representative and designs system blueprint. Chooses the appropriate mix of products and installation methods to provide the most cost effective solution. Prepares all required submittals so that the subsequent hand-off to operations transitions efficiently. Acts as a technical resource to Sales and Operations team members. Participates in sales and operations meetings to evaluate accuracy of the sales estimate and job layout as required. May participate in initial job site walk through with contractors and/or building management as requested.
- Supports field sales organization in the designing of ADT Fire Alarm, Intrusion Security, CCTV, and Card Access Systems and may need to create unique design solutions to meet specific customer requirements.
- Ensures the job folder is organized and maintained including all pertinent job related information. May perform some field activities as required.
- Designs building fire/ security systems for large and/or complex buildings consisting of electrical system layouts, electrical drawings, bill of materials, sequence of operations matrix, risers, panel layouts to meet the intent of the project plans, specifications and contract documents.
- Designs small, medium and large complex building fire alarm and security architecture to support operator workstations, field panels. Analyzes plans, construction contract specifications and codes to determine project requirements and risks. Generates specific records for all projects.
- Provides start-up and checkout documentation to Sales and Operations for use in NFPA UL certification.
- Ensure the proper estimation of all job costs.
- Prepares engineering re-estimate and follows up with appropriate sales and Operations management to assure understanding of and satisfaction with job scope.
- Organizes system layout by design and prepares any necessary documents that maybe required including drawings need for permits.
- Prepares specifications and drawings for specific job related components. Selects proper types, sizes, quantities of products to meet project requirements.
- Prepares all information on pre-installation extras or change orders to submit to customer or general/ subcontractor. Oversees the creation of system graphics.
- Associates degree in Electronics or other technical field or equivalent experience.
- NICET Fire Alarm Certification Level 1 or Level 2 required
- Must have previous experience in commercial security systems design.
- 5 + years engineering /systems or other related experience. Strong knowledge of industry engineering fundamentals and business operations required. Proficiency in programming, job start-up, checkout, and troubleshooting required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, word processing, spreadsheet, project management, and AutoCAD required.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Fully proficient and independent design skills.
- Able to design medium to large jobs with deviation from standard tools, products or practices as needed.