The mission of the Mitratech Sales Operations team is to increase the effectiveness and productivity of the Sales Team(s) by providing processes, tools, technology, training and supporting services that will enable Sales to meet/exceed goals.
The Sales Enablement / Sales Trainer is responsible for creating job aids and training content on tools, processes, knowledge and skills sales employees need to be effective in their roles, and delivering this content to the team. The Sales Enablement / Sales Trainer will also actively work with other subject matter experts to identify any issues with training methods and make suggestions for improvements as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead change management efforts for the Sales Organization:Collaborate with all departments on product, process and other changes that may affect the sales team.
- Determine the training required, by sales role, to effectively incorporate the change
- Determine the most effective delivery method(s)/mediums for the training
- Develop the training content and any on-going job aids, etc. needed for coaching/on-going support
- Deliver the training to the sales organization.
- Measure the change adoption and effectiveness of change in achieving goals
- Adjust, reinforce, and remediate as needed
- Lead on-boarding for new Sales team members:
- Develop, maintain, and deliver an effective boot camp curriculum that ramps sales team members up quickly, including both common (core) training for all roles and specialized training for various roles. This may be F2F, Remote, or Asynchronous learning
- Coach SME's on effective training content development and delivery
- Manage sales team members throughout boot camp providing logistical support, monitoring progress, identifying areas of concern and recommending remediation plans, and identifying opportunities to accelerate learners. Keep the hiring manager, HR, and sales leadership informed throughout
- Enhance the onboarding process by working with members in HR, Sales, IT, Finance, and Marketing to ensure new sales team members have all relevant software licenses, travel and expense information, marketing collateral, etc.
- Report on progress of employees under guidance during training period and maintain trainee records. Assess overall training efforts to measure progress and to evaluate effectiveness of training
- Continuously improve sales skills:Provide ongoing training / workshops for the sales team, including identifying topics, creating content, turning content into training materials / job aids, and facilitating training session
- Lead the planning and execution of the annual Sales Kick Off and other Sales Team events
Skills / Knowledge
- SALES: Experience working with / in sales and an understanding of the pain points experienced by salespeople
- TRAINING CONTENT DEVELOPMENT: Ability to create engaging training content in a variety of mediums (e.g. e-learning, workbooks, PowerPoint, playbooks, job aids, etc.).
- Experience building effective onboarding and sales training programs
- Ability to leverage instructional design skills to turn content into visually appealing training content and / or job aids
- Understanding of adult learning theories
- TRAINING TOOLS: Advanced PowerPoint skills. Knowledge of e-learning platforms for both development and delivery. Showpad experience a plus.
- TRAINING DELIVERY: Ability to engage the sales team and deliver effective training
- Strong FACILITATION, PROBLEM-SOLVING, RESEARCH and DECISION-MAKING skills.
- ORGANIZATIONAL and TIME MANAGEMENT SKILLS, with the ability to plan and manage multiple high-priority projects simultaneously
- Strong PROJECT MANAGEMENT skills.
- TOOL and PROCESS IMPROVEMENT: Adept at identifying gaps in tools and/or processes and taking ownership of resolving those gaps
- COACHING: Ability to coach employees throughout the training process
- High impact and high energy training style with ability to spark and sustain engagement with your audience
- Fast learner - you will be required to become proficient with a large volume of information quickly
- Comfortable collaborating with various teams and levels within an organization
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple, shifting priorities while still completing projects on time.
- Flourishes in a fast-paced, results-oriented and demanding environment
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to listen, collaborate and influence across groups.
- Excellent visual presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Proactive and self-motivated.
- Passion for excellence.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent business experience.
- 7+ years sales training experience, preferably with a software provider.
- Managerial/leadership experience preferred.
- Experience working in a PE-backed company a plus.