The Sales Enablement Product Training Manager for Automation and Clinical Information Technology is responsible for analyzing, designing, developing, delivering and evaluating a comprehensive training curriculum to ensure product sales proficiency among sales associates. This role works collaboratively with sales leadership and marketing to identify, develop, and execute sales training solutions related to the Automation and Clinical Information Technology product portfolio. In addition, the Sales Enablement Product Training Manager partners with various Marketing teams and other key stakeholders to prepare for future Automation and Clinical Information Technology product launch training and reinforcement.
Key responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Possesses expertise of Automation and Clinical Information Technology product training content, in both depth and breadth of knowledge, to combine with effective classroom facilitation techniques to train new sales associates.
- Translates highly technical knowledge and concepts into key selling messages taught in training classes.
- Demonstrates effective classroom management to enable the entire class to progress and learn effectively.
- Recognizes the learning styles of individual training participants and adjusts training techniques and coaching to meet their needs.
- Provides candid, specific, and timely verbal performance feedback so that participants are aware of strengths and areas of development along with how to improve.
- Addresses challenging participants through individualized coaching; to include behavioral as well as engagement (over or under communicating/participating) issues.
- Designs and delivers a comprehensive training continuum for new sales associates incorporating different approaches such as instructor-led delivery, eLearning delivery, or virtual delivery.
- Independently evaluates the need for and initiates the review of updated Automation and Clinical Information Technology sales training materials through the marketing, advertising, promotional, scientific, and sales material (MAPSS) process. This process is commonly referred to as a Legal-Medical-Regulatory review.
- Leads cross-functional teams or projects to enhance Automation and Clinical Information Technology training content development or delivery as identified through in-depth gap analysis.
- Negotiates with the other members of Global Sales Education, the sales force, and/or various marketing teams to adopt best approaches in the delivery of Automation and Clinical Information Technology new product launch training content.
- Persuades peer team members: Sales Enablement Product Trainers and/or Sales Enablement Executive Coaches, to implement best-in-class training solutions based on sharing of best practices.
- Develops guest trainers from field sales by providing them meaningful roles contributing to the class.
- Demonstrates an ability to lead without authority in interactions with marketing and sales leadership.
- Builds trust and credibility with Sales Leadership by providing performance feedback during or post-training.
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 9 years of sales training and development, field sales or marketing experience, preferably in the Diagnostics or Healthcare industry.
- Requires knowledge of Automation and Clinical Information Technology products and sales processes (ideally the SPIN selling program).
- Possesses broad knowledge of laboratory Automation and Clinical Information Technology.
- Ability to integrate business trends and current brand strategies or selling tactics into training plans.
- Proven excellence in communication, presentation and classroom facilitation skills.
- Competent in project management and concurrently juggling multiple projects.
- Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to influence and collaborate across business functions.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Advanced ability to communicate in the English language.
- Must be willing to travel at least 25% of the time (based on the need of the position)
- Preference for the position to be based out of Brea, CA
- Technical experience in the Diagnostics industry (e.g. Medical Technologist) or education in the field of clinical lab science.
- Knowledge of Adult Learning Principles
- Experience in coaching and providing performance feedback to sales colleagues
- Possesses clear, concise and effective written and verbal communications
- Familiarity with Sales Force.Com, Share Point, and OneNote
- Basic knowledge of instructional design concepts
- Ability and desire to learn eLearning Authoring tools (e.g. Microsoft Storyline)