HMS makes the healthcare system work better for everyone. We fight fraud, waste, and abuse so people have access to healthcare—now and in the future. Using innovative technology and powerful data analytics, we help government and commercial payers reduce costs, increase quality, and achieve regulatory compliance. We also help consumers take a more active role in their own health. Each year, we save our clients billions of dollars while helping people live healthier lives. At HMS, you will develop new skills and build your career in a dynamic industry while making a difference in the lives of others.
We are seeking a talented individual to join the Sales Operations department as the Sales Enablement Consultant. This function will act as an integrating role between Commercial sales and account management areas, including sales operations, sales development/training, product marketing, content marketing, field marketing and HR/OD. This position is responsible for leading Sales Enablement initiatives to increase sales productivity and support sales force transformation.
- Trend Analysis of Product/Field Marketing
- Conduct an analysis of the current state of sales productivity in conjunction with Sales Operations.
- Develop and manage a Sales Enablement roadmap including established metrics and objectives and make recommendations for increasing sales productivity.
- Drive, in a measurable way, significant sales productivity increases for company’s Sales and Account Management roles.
- Utilize and leverage sales technology tools for reporting and benchmarking.
- Sales Org Development/Training
- Conduct an analysis of current skills, processes, knowledge and processes to and work with the sales leadership team to identify strengths and areas for development.
- Map company’s sales process with our customer’s buying process to understand and enhance what skills, knowledge, process and tools are required by our sales force to increase velocity and conversion rates at each stage in those processes.
- Implement the development, delivery and training of effective sales and account management playbooks by role, in tight collaboration with sales and account management leaders, sales operations, OD, L$D and marketing.
- Partner with sales leadership and HR to establish a sales competency and assessment framework to ensure that the needs of salespeople, and their managers, are met.
- Regularly spend time in the field with managers and reps to understand the “field reality” and build sales enablement deliverables to meet their needs.
: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Direct Sales/Account Management and Sales Management experience with proven track record (quota carrying).
- Experience creating and implementing successful sales process/methodology
- Experience building effective field sales on-boarding and sales training programs.
- Experience with CRM (such as Salesforce.com) and sales enablement platforms
- Ability to create and track metrics which demonstrate constant increases in sales productivity.
- Strategic planning and thinking.
- Salesforce development design and development
- Vendor Management
- Ability to break down complex problems in a simplified way.
- Creative thinking, problem solving and ability to innovate.
- Ability to work cross-functionally for the greater good of the company.
- A passion for the profession of sales.
Work Conditions and Physical Demands:
- Primarily sedentary work in a general office environment
- Ability to communicate and exchange information
- Ability to comprehend and interpret documents and data
- Requires occasional standing, walking, lifting, and moving objects (up to 10 lbs.)
- Requires manual dexterity to use computer, telephone and peripherals
- May be required to work extended hours for special business needs
- May be required to travel at least 10% of time based on business needs
- BS/BA Required. Masters or MBA degree preferred.
Minimum Related Work Experience:
- Minimum of 5+ years of sales/sales operations/sales enablement experience