Job Title: Sales Director – Western Region US
Location: Chicago, IL; Dallas, TX; Houston, TX; Denver, CO; Salt Lake City, UT; or Phoenix, AZ
Our client is growing and expanding. They have an immediate need for a proven hands on direct sales professional. As Sales Director, you will be responsible for personally increasing sales and market share in a high growth environment. Works within the sales and other company support teams for the achievement of customer satisfaction, revenue generation, and long-term account goals in line with company vision and values. This is a field based direct sales role requiring 50%+ travel, conducting meetings within the geographically assigned territory and managing the entire sales cycle with C-level executives.
· Identify and develop go-to-market initiatives, aligning customer solutions with service offerings and capabilities while delivering revenue growth.
· Responsible for maintaining high levels of sales activities within a defined territory and ensure appropriate handoff from sales to implementation.
· Create a results-driven territory plan with focus on revenue-generating prospecting activities.
· Management and ownership of the end-to-end sales cycle including sales calls/meetings, RFP responses and proposal submissions. The Expectation is 2-4 weekly face-to-face sales events with prospects.
· Self-starter who meets and exceeds forecast and sales targets. Achieve performance equal to or better than that of peers, closing 4-7 new business deals per quarter.
· Proven ability to manage short-term and long-term pipeline management goals.
· The Director of Sales will demonstrate an aggressive sales attitude that is professional in its delivery which pushes through the glass ceiling getting pass the "NO" and engaging senior level management and key decision makers.
· Provides weekly updates with the SVP to review sales strategy and progression of sales opportunities
· Conduct sales engagements with a focus on progressing the sale. Director is responsible for assuring each event moves the sale forward towards closure and that sales is driving the process not the prospect assuring the fastest possible close of each opportunity
· Build database of qualified leads to keep track of progress, including but not limited to telephone canvassing, face to face meetings, cold calling, direct mail, email, networking, webinars, meetings and presentations.
· Responsible for sourcing and developing client relationships and referrals.
· Demonstrate ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees.
· Build trust, value others, communicate effectively, drive execution, foster innovation, focus on the customer, collaborate with others both within and outside the department, solve problems creatively and demonstrate high integrity.
· Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet company core values.
· Bachelor's degree in business administration, marketing or finance. Master's or MBA preferred.
· 5-8 years of B2B/Enterprise selling experience, preferably selling within the SaaS and finance industry.
· History of achieving and exceeding sales quotas.
· Exceptional business acumen, problem-solving and analytical skills.
· Solid customer focus and passion for growth, deep sales and operational understanding that aligns with core company values.
· Proven software industry business development skills with the capacity to communicate, influence, persuade and present at an executive level.
· Extensive experience in all aspects of business to business and supplier relationship management.
· Strong prospecting skills with an excellent closing track record.
· Frequent travelrequired, at least 50% within assigned territory.