$200K — $250K *
VIAVI (NASDAQ: VIAV) has a 90+ year history of technical innovations that have evolved to keep pace and address our customer’s most pressing business issues. We make equipment, software, and systems that help to plan, deploy, certify, monitor, and optimize all kinds of networks - like those for mobile phones, service providers, large businesses and data centers. And, we are also at the forefront of optical security – we bend light to develop and deliver optical solutions that provide security to the world’s currencies and safety and performance applications for consumer electronics and spectrometry.
We are the people behind the products that help keep the world connected – at home, school, work, at play, and everywhere in between. VIAVI employees are fierce about supporting customer success and we welcome people who bring their best every day to the company - to question, to collaborate and to push for solutions that will delight our customers.
We are currently recruiting for a Sales Director for the Wireless Service Providers in the North America region. In this role, you will be responsible for:
• Managing a defined number of Wireless Service Provider accounts in North America.
• Managing sales teams and manufacturer reps responsible for Wireless Service Provider accounts
• Creating, maintaining and leading quarterly/yearly key account plans
• Leading execution of comprehensive 5G related business development strategies (leveraging cross sell and upsell)
• Identifying potential new areas and growth opportunities.
• Performing the lead role on a cross functional win team that may involve Solution Engineers, Marketing, Channel, Business Units and other teams within VIAVI.
• Developing and maintaining new customer relationships that uncover and lead to meaningful business opportunities.
• Providing continuous "voice of the customer" feedback to the BUs and Business Management Organizations on how to align roadmaps and improve our value proposition
• Gathering and providing account and intelligence on competing products/systems and competitors in each account
• Continuing to develop and support the customer relationship to ensure that Viavi products are firmly embedded in the customers SOPs, MOPs, Network Advisories, roadmaps, etc.
• Rolling up monthly bookings forecast for each of the accounts
• Improve key business indicator such as funnel add, funnel conversion, funnel coverage, bookings velocity and others
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline such as Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Telecommunications, etc. or equivalent. MBA preferred.
• 10+ years’ experience in sales (key or strategic account management) or business development in a high-tech industry.
• Experience with funnel management and sales forecasting
• Strong business acumen skills along with a solid technical background and understanding of wireless Test and Measurement technologies
• Ability to build relationships with key customer decision makers
• Ideal candidate would need to have the following personal characteristics to be successful: Hunter mindset, self-starter, comfortable in an unstructured environment, driven personality, flexible and adaptable to work with a broad range of customers and internal sales people
• Good organizational and cross functional management skills
• Adapt at influencing and supporting non reporting sales teams
• Extensive experience in customer management and putting together commercial value propositions.
• Good negotiating skills
• Extensive travel within region
Valid through: 8/26/2020