$250K — $500K+*
Velo3D is looking for a Sales Director to join the growing Velo3D Sales team. In this position you will lead Velo3D’s sales efforts in 3D printing on metals technology in the Southeast to the industries Velo3D is focused on serving strategically: Aviation and Gas Turbines, Space and Defense, and Heavy Industry.
The position will be responsible for developing the sales pipeline of product manufacturers (OEMs) and their supply chain parts contract manufacturers (CMs) to be sufficient to meet booking goals and to close the number of new customers and the booking amounts to meet/exceed the company’s goals.
The team is looking for a self-starter leader that enjoys working in a highly dynamic startup environment. You will enjoy small high growth company atmosphere and excellent benefits.
· A proven “hunter” that finds and closes new customer business to beat quota
· Experience in capital equipment selling (e.g. 5 Axis CNCs, metal AM systems, strategic Design/Mfg systems) selling with sales achievement over $8M per year.
· Success selling into industrial companies such as aerospace, defense, energy/oil & gas, industrial pump and turbo-machinery market OEMs and metal production parts contract manufacturers serving those industries.
· Possesses deep target market industry insight (e.g. product innovation and mfg supply chain) and has developed strong business relationships at target industrial companies and their manufacturing supply base (i.e. CMs).
· Ability to grasp the technical value proposition and to work with the customer to discover how this value proposition can help the customer to create business value and solve critical business problems.
· Experience leading effective sales campaigns that utilizes cross-functional team members efficiently to close, retain, and upsell new business.
· Excellent relationship building skills based on keen ability to listen and creative discovery of critical customer problems
· Ability to distill and express customers’ compelling reason to buy to internal team
· Consultative development of value, justification, and compelling events to close business as forecasted.
· Identify and engage key roles within customer organization to drive alignment
· Work with Sales and Marketing leadership to drive strategic engagement and lead generation initiatives
· Team player
· Minimum of 10 years’ sales achievement experience selling capital equipment such as Automation, Manufacturing equipment, Machinery or other complex systems
· Proven ability to meet or exceed sales targets of $6-8M per year
· Ability to expand customer base through proactive lead generation
· Sales and/or sales leadership position with Startup experience
· Experience with CRM system (Salesforce)
· Strong reference customers delighted with solutions you sold them
· BS degree in engineering is preferred
Valid through: 11/3/2021