Our company United Commercial Travelers (UCT) is currently seeking a dedicated and knowledgeable Sales Director. The ideal candidate should have 3-5 years of Life and Health sales experience and a bachelor’s degree in business, or related field is preferred. Individual must have excellent management skills and demonstrate basic understanding of sales concepts and principles. Individual must be proficient in Microsoft Office and possess superb communication, writing, and interpersonal skills. Also, the individual must have excellent project management, problem-solving and analytical skills. Experience in IMO/agency recruiting is very important.
This position is responsible for planning and carrying out sales activities in accordance with the company's business objectives. A key item to be driven is the growth of IMO's and agents.
- Responsible for IMO/agent recruiting.
- Identifies objectives, strategies and action plans to improve short- and long-term goals.
- Help to provide proactive communication with existing, new and prospective agents on UCT products, rules and procedures.
- Provide training tools and ongoing communication with Agents keeping them informed on all UCT products including those they do not currently sell. Encourage them to use UCT products in expanded markets.
- Responsible for recognizing the need for and developing training for IMO’s and agents.
- Handle agent complaints and problems.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Participates and represents the Agent Service and Sales Department in internal group meetings. (i.e. Weekly sales meetings, quarterly Board Meetings and OPS meetings)
- Ability to travel as needed to successfully perform the tasks of the position.
- All other duties as assigned.
Additional Skills and Requirements
- Create and implement effective sales strategies.
- Self-starter, strategic, and creative thinker who is a flexible team player.
- Demonstrates the ability to work as part of a team and understands how assigned responsibilities impact the success of company objectives.
- Collaborates with Insurance Operations/Agents Services VP on recruiting larger agencies.
- Assist agents with understanding the placement of UCT products in the marketplace.
- Determining the commission rate to offer new agents.
- Managing the administration of the automated agent appointment system and being able to train agents on the process.
- Provides timely feedback to VP regarding performance.
- Operation of a motor vehicle. Must have valid driver's license and clean driving record.
Comprehensive Benefits Package Includes
- Free parking
- Major medical/vision/dental coverage
- Wellness Program
- EAP Program
- Life/AD&D Insurance Coverage
- Short -Term and Long -Term Disability Coverage
- 401K plan
- Paid vacation/personal/sick days
- Volunteer Opportunities/Volunteer Day Off