Transplace desires to attract a high energy and experienced sales professional to join our highly-engaged team that has a well-established history of closing large complex Transportation Management solutions, along with delivering continued year over year growth and reputation for success in offering exceptional transportation management services. In this position, the primary accountabilities are as follows:
- To identify, generate and close sales and new business opportunities
- Develop and build customer relationships at decision-maker levels resulting in customer closures and deeper business revenue expansion opportunities
Assess business opportunities and customer requirements to solve customer challenges through a sales solution approach to transportation management and TMSTechnology services.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND TASKS
- Cultivate, Grow and close on new business with prospective customers through a thoughtful and organized sales process and approach to qualifying and identifying business development and sales opportunities
- Through in-depth understanding of the industry and the customer market segment, apply appropriate sales techniques to close on new business opportunities and expand current revenue streams
- Apply multi-tier approach to sales and business development activities including, telephone calls, face to face meetings, prospecting, qualifying, lead generation, cold calling, etc.
- Prepare and present the value proposition for Transplace Transportation Management services through a solution sales approach to prospective new customer transportation challenges
- Plan and prioritize sales activities and customer contact towards achieving business revenue goals for the Transportation Management division within Transplace
- Provide weekly reports on prospect activity, lead generation and customer account meeting status, following prescribed TM sales methodologies and processes through Salesforce
- Maintain complete, timely and accurate representations of all opportunities within Transplace’s single system of record- Salesforce.com
- Make a meaningful business impact within nine months of joining the Transplace team
- Work in accord with the company’s core values (Respect the Individual, Thrill the Customer, Process and Technology Excellence and Growth & Profitability)
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERTISE
- Demonstrated expertise in sales and business development in transportations management solutions
- In-depth knowledge of sales strategies in order to close on large complex sales to multi-billion dollar corporations
- Knowledge of sales lead generation tools (i.e., Salesforce.com) to effectively manage a sales pipeline
- Expertise in listening to the customer and understand the customer challenge and translating company services into a value proposition for the customer
- Transportation industry knowledge - including key terminology; and, knowledge of primary customer industries and competitors
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle of Transplace, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.