Sales Director - Retail Technology
8 - 10 years experience • Software
Sales Director - Retail Technology / Software / Hardware / Services, Southwest US
Our cutting edge technology and product portfolio offers a dynamic and cost-effective solution to many of the challenges facing omni-channel retailers. Our new and future products support our vision of an integrated buying experience, offering enriched product and promotional information to optimize conversion and drive profitability.
Established in 2000, we are a venture-backed private company. We combine strategic vision and commercial focus with world-class scientific, engineering and manufacturing expertise. We hold an extensive intellectual property portfolio, and our team retains full control of R&D, manufacturing, and software development.
Backed by healthy investment, and with an ambitious and adaptive product roadmap, we’re busy inventing the future of retail.
Home based. Due to outstanding growth we are looking for a senior sales executive to spearhead new business sales activity into Tier 1 retail clients across the region, as well as expanding the sales pipeline with existing customers and Partners. The chosen candidate will establish a professional working, and consultative relationship with clients, up to and including ‘C’ level contacts, by developing a core understanding of each client's business needs and ensure that our direct sales strategy throughout the region is consistent with the overall company’s sales plan.
Role: Director of Sales - Southwest Region
Reports to: SVP Global Sales, Marketing and Product Management
Reporting to the SVP Sales Americas, the Director of Sales is a hands-on new business, direct sales role targeting Tier 1 retailers for multi-million dollar technology solutions.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Drive all aspects of direct sales in region, from initial lead generation through to successful customer engagement.
- Establish long term relationships with senior decision makers in the major retailers, ensuring that we are able to meet their business needs.
- Articulate our value proposition and maintain knowledge of competitive solutions to effectively position us as the supplier of choice.
- Develop creative strategies to increase market share with existing direct customers.
- Work closely with the financial team in preparing pricing models for customer proposals.
- Produce accurate monthly forecasts against revenue targets and work closely with pre-sales and product marketing to manage the pipeline and set appropriate monthly and quarterly revenue expectations using defined CRM and forecasting tools.
- Present high quality, professional presentations and proposals to senior decision makers.
- Capture key market data and business trends from the client base and feedback to senior management.
- Broad and deep experience (likely 7+ years) in direct sales, ideally focused on technology solutions targeting the retail sector.
- Ability to present, negotiate and close complex business deals at ‘C’ level.
- A consistent track record in developing new business revenue from initial sales lead through to multi-million dollar revenues.
- Demonstrate a track record of creating and executing sales strategies, showing innovation and commercial success.
- Significant experience in working on an international level, possessing the tact and sensitivity when dealing with different business cultures.
- A strong technology awareness complemented by knowledge of enterprise wide solutions.
- Ability to collaboratively work with other team members to achieve desired goals and objectives both internal and external
- Proficient in MS Office.
Interpersonal Skills and Personal Attributes:
- Professional training/education in complex sales/sales methodologies, sales management and negotiation.
- Strong business acumen and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Highly tenacious and results orientated.
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a small team.
- Possess a tactful, consultative approach when dealing with customers.
- A dynamic and charismatic personality with high energy levels and the ability to evangelise our solutions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills across international zones and cultures, with the ability to influence to resolve problems and implement solutions.
- Skilled in driving multiple opportunities to closure in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to travel throughout US (and to UK as needed), and at short notice if required.