As a member of The North Face sales team, the Sales Director provides leadership and vision to maximize sales and profitability for wholesale business. This position provides dynamic, visible and inspirational leadership to positively impact business initiatives, direction, and vision for team and peers.
The Sales Director brings a track record in managing a successful business and proven experience in strategic sales, business planning, and merchandising. This position is based in Renton, Washington.
- Responsible for driving wholesale sales for a key strategic account.
- Responsible for analyzing current business and forecasting future growth, at a detailed level.
- Assists with the strategic planning process for the US wholesale business.
- Manages preseason sales plan and implementation (season objectives, sales meeting, major account appointments, major account negotiations)
- Manages preseason order book (monitor and review account and division plans, deal sheets, discount percent management, DTAF, SMU)
- Oversees or monitor the shipment of seasonal order book, specifically pre-season, bulk, reorder and closeout order types.
- Assists in establishing proactive selling strategies to address the technical superiority of each product line.
- Manages all aspects of the business relationship with account infrastructure including buyers, DMM, and marketing contacts.
- Provides product and sales input to inform future product development.
- Lead in house team of sales managers to successful execution of seasonal goals
- Assists with documentation and negotiation of key account vendor compliance agreements.
- Oversees account vendor compliance, documentation and negotiation
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- 10+ years relevant experience in Outdoor Market.
- BA or BS degree in Marketing, Business or related field.
- Experience in managing a diverse and creative group of individuals and leading change.
- Must have experienceworking with product development and product merchandising.
- Strong Outdoor Industry Sales experience is a plus.
- Must possess ability to bring market input to product development process with ability to drive marketable product.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and inspire a broad range of individuals to work toward a common goal.
- Must have a track record in re-establishing procedures, implementing key sales initiatives and executing processes.
- Travel required: 20%