The IT world is evolving. New technologies. New infrastructures. New and more complex customer needs. Every day feels like a shift. There’s a sense of excitement surrounding the future, but also uncertainty. That’s where QTS comes in. We’re fearlessly leading the way by redefining what it means to be a data center. We house next-generation cloud and hybrid solutions. We deliver a fully-integrated platform from top to bottom – one enabled by technology and world-class infrastructure. Simply put, we’re evolving to stay ahead of the curve.
At QTS our people power us to provide expertise, technology and infrastructure for IT decision makers in complex, high-pressure environments. As one of the nation’s largest and fastest growing data center companies we help manage and protect critical data during a time of unprecedented change. The power of QTS' innovation happens when smart, creative people with a unified vision collaborate to break new ground, solve a problem, or create a solution to improve lives.
At QTS, we know where IT is going. And we’d like to invite you to join us.
The Sales Director is responsible for coaching and managing the members of the sales team whose goal is the achievement of sales and operational goals in assigned markets and regions. The Sales Director will establish plans and strategies to expand and grow the customer base in conjunction with our Commercial, Channel and Federal sales teams. In the role, the Sales Director will work towards the achievement of revenue goals, development of sales executives and overall values and vision of the QTS sales organization.
RESPONSIBILITIES, other duties may be assigned
- Develop a monthly, quarterly and annual business plan and sales strategy to achieve revenue goals
- Ensure the achievement of sales quotas for the sales team including new bookings and revenue quotas
- Monitor progress of sales executives on goals and job accountabilities
- Train the sales executives to effectively and persuasively target the value proposition of QTS services to specified pain points for the right buyer profile
- Provide developmental opportunities, delivering feedback and coaching to sales staff
- Provide strategic direction around optimizing the role of the sales executives
- Work effectively with other departments to insure smooth flow of information and a cooperative intradepartmental environment
- Work with Marketing Managers to establish, develop, and manage sales programs, which include developing training, creating scripts, identifying and integrating lists, and achieving established targets
- Maintain daily activities in system of Salesforce.com, tracking interactions with prospects and customers
- Provide daily/weekly updates to Chief Revenue Officer
- Prepare and analyze sales pipeline reports and dashboards
- Lead by example through the effective display of personal and professional integrity
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, Marketing or other business-related field
- Three of more years of sales leadership experience
- MBA preferred
- Direct experience selling within the data center industry
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent client service skills with well-honed ability to engage prospects during your calls
- Demonstrated ability to sell and initiate programs
- Strong leadership, people management, and team building skills necessary
- Demonstrated ability to meet and/or exceed determined sales and activity quotas
- Must be a confident, adaptable self-starter who thrives in an empowered, fast-paced environment