The Sales Director is responsible for developing and executing a comprehensive sales strategy plan to maximize Penguin's opportunities in the HPC, Data Center and Scale Out market of the Civilian and DoD Agencies in the US. The main goals of this position are to drive sales of our full suite of HPC and Data Center products and services in this target territory.
Data Center Products include but are not limited to scale out server platforms, OCP systems, software defined networking, software defined storage, hadoop, managed services and professional services.
HPC products include hardware systems, HPC on-demand services, HPC cloud, system management and remote visualization software, Managed Services and Professional Services.
- Set and drive territory strategy for the territory team including the Sales Director, an inside Sales Representative and a solutions Architect. Includes markets, customer types, technologies and product mix, short, medium and long range planning.
- Own all aspects of territory development and management including but not limited to identifying and closing new accounts, growing existing accounts, customer visits and presentations, capitalizing on the sales aspects of strategic relationships, revenue forecasting.
- Coordinate activities (quoting and configuring systems) of regional inside account managers.
- Manage accurate data within systems and use that data to drive territory direction and team behavior for increased growth.
- Capture, understand and report on territory activities to sales management
- Engage and develop regional partner ecosystem
- 50% or more travel within designated territory
- Current security clearance required
- BS in Business or Engineering
- Minimum 7-10 years sales experience in consultative technical sales (systems, software and solutions sales preferred)
- 7 to 10 years successful track record in HPC, Data Center, and scale out systems sales to the Civilian and DoD agencies
- Engineering or systems background is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as consultative sales and negotiating skills are essential.
- A strong orientation for customer focus and teamwork