- Originate and close commercial and industrial (“C&I”) customer transactions in ERCOT that support NRG’s Business Solutions C&I strategy.
- Identify business opportunities by identifying prospects and evaluating their position in the industry; researching and analyzing sales options.
- Build networks and spheres of influence in order to grow prospect lists
- Listen and draw out the concerns/problems of others to identify possible solutions
- Maintain relationships with customers by providing unique insights, support, information, and guidance; researching and recommending new opportunities
- Prepare and deliver presentations on products/services
- Identify product improvements or new products by remaining current on industry trends, market activities, and competitors
- Serve as the lead sponsor in “selling” the strategic rationale and deal economics for structured transactions
- Bachelor Degree
- Minimum of 5 years of C&I Electric Commodity Sales, Wholesale Power Marketing, or Wholesale Power Trading
- Must demonstrate strong commercial skills and proven “hunter” that identifies and closes power transactions
- Must demonstrate proven ability to be a team player while working with cross-functional teams
- Must be willing to travel overnight up to 25% in order to establish and maintain customer business
- Someone who is able to demonstrate an understanding of how to structure agreements that bundle grid commodity with renewable energy, demand response, and other product offerings to provide comprehensive, retail energy solutions for our customers
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Critical thinker with good judgment skills who don't simply accept a “business as usual” approach
- Advanced knowledge of options, basis risk, hedging, and other power marketing concepts
- Knowledge of the changing ERCOT power market landscape and the impact of renewables, tightening reserve margins, and other key market fundamentals.
- Ability to analyze data and make insights for customers that challenge the way they think about energy procurement
- Ability to build strong customer relationships across organizational levels
- Driven, hard-working individual with high standards for self and others
- Outstanding problem-solving, strategic-thinking, presentation, verbal and writing skills