- Create and achieve sales and profit goals that improve the direct contribution to the organization.
- Direct channel and account responsibilities to include the development of Marketing and Merchandising programs with Distributors or Brokers that drive profitable sales and increase market share while managing a high performing sales team focused on optimizing customer relationships to build brand equity and emerging markets.
- This role may be considered for remote work in part; but will have travel requirements, as well as main office requirements.
- Meet and exceed planned revenue targets for assigned accounts.
- Develop and implement a sales plan by creating a growth strategy by the customer that is synergistic with our business plan.
- Create long-range sales and merchandising strategies for the next 3-5 years
- Develop pricing and promotion strategies.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Branding to ensure a clear, consistent message to customers on shelf.
- Develop innovative pull-thru programs at a distributor (or National Account at Domestic or International level), OTC store, and consumer level (grass-root events).
- Assist distributors and resellers with organization skills, account strategies, territory planning, and administrative responsibilities.
- Deliver sales orientation and training programs to include; sales, marketing, education, and training conferences.
- Research and analyze market conditions to determine customer needs, volume potential, competitive prices, and discount rates, and to develop sales campaigns.
- Develop and deliver sales presentations, promotional plans, and close sales.
- Help create and implement customer sales/marketing programs which continue to increase end-user sales out within specified territory (such as ISP’s)
- Ensure Company guidelines for field promotions and programs are met and that they deliver a positive ROI.
- Develop and maintain cooperative and professional communications with all staff levels and customers.
- Provide Forecasts by account detailing normal flow and promotional volume, ensuring that forecast accuracy and inventory level targets are met.
- Provide necessary feedback by account and region on launches/promotions proposed by Marketing.
- Manage budgets for territory and account to ensure expenses are controlled, including formal quarterly reports and direct contribution reviews.
- Assist in planning and managing all education events for specified accounts to ensure the brand, and new product education goals are met.
- Develop new and innovative channels of distribution in Retail (through distributors), E-commerce, and other traditional outlets for our brands.
- Open and develop new and innovative channels of distribution (Global)
- Responsible for country/channel level strategic launch plans.
- Work with Legal and Regulatory to ensure new distributor accounts are approved timely.
- Travel requirements, up to 65% of the time, within the role.
- 7 - 10 years progressively responsible sales management experience in nondurable consumer goods industry
- Demonstrated experience in identifying, winning, and developing major new customers
- Experience preferred in Professional Beauty and/or Multicultural Product/Sales/Distributor Account Management
- Previous supervisory experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of sales management theories, principles, methods, and practices
- Extensive knowledge of industry competitors and trends
- Strong knowledge of retail, chain, and/or OTC environment
- Strong skills in the development of sales goals and objectives
- Strong skills in talent recruitment, management, and development
- Advanced skills in financial and analytical management
- Ability to direct, plan, organize, assign, review and evaluate the work of subordinates
- Ability to make effective and efficient use of financial resources to achieve objectives
- Ability to gather, analyze and communicate market intelligence
- Ability to persuade, influence, and impact others
- Strong business relationship management and departmental collaboration skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills for effective internal and external customers
- Distributor management
- Basic understanding of CPG Brand/ Trade marketing management
- Import and Export regulations
- BA or BS in Business, Marketing or related degree