8 - 10 years experience • IT Consulting/Services
Brief Job Statement
The Business Development Manager for Insurance is primarily responsible for the following:
· Penetrates large new accounts and has the right initial positioning within them;
· Nurtures new accounts
· Defines and achieves quarterly targets (including collections) and customer acquisitions in the Insurance domain
· Generates & qualifies leads, penetrates new logos. Manages the relationship for all current prospects.
· Leverages appropriate expertise; ensures that the account is penetrated quickly and positions Company appropriately.
· Conducts sales discussions, identifies appropriate client needs and involves the right SMEs to demonstrate the capabilities.
· Prepares and presents proposals, negotiate deals, set terms & conditions and final prices (as appropriate).
· Plays the role of an account manager as needed.
Desired Skills and Experience
Ideal Qualifications for Business Development Manager:
· At least 8 years of experience of selling IT services (Global Delivery Model) / software or hardware solutions
· Strong sales skills with ability to generate leads and spot opportunities, qualify leads based on research / experience, able to engage with customers on business/IT issues, develop and maintain the right level of sub-CXO relationships.
· Good knowledge of Global Delivery Model (understands typical issues and pain points)
· Drives overall sales process (prepares realistic quarterly forecasts, manages own pipeline, coordinates with other functions and has an effective knowledge of competitor activity
· Reporting to Vertical Head
· External relationship with key customer executives.
· Internal relationship with BU Heads/ offshore delivery teams / regional sales representatives/ solutions / technical architects and onsite project managers