Sales Director -Medical Devices
15+ years experience • Engineering Services
The individual will have a strong familiarity with North American and European Medical Devices market with special focus on the need for Engineering Services in various sectors. He will have excellent domain knowledge in the segments of Medical Devices Industry especially Diagnostics and therapeutic devices.
We are looking for someone with the hunger and creativity to generate interest amongst prospective target Accounts, identify customer pain points and bring the demonstrated ability of QuEST to addresses these pain points and in the process build the nascent organization to a measurable size. Over time the candidate should be able to nurture the customer relationship to evolve in to a strategic partnership while scaling the size of the relationship and building differentiation for QuEST within the target Account. Someone with a heavy incline towards nurturing and growing new customers with high sense of accountability and ownership will be successful in this role.
Prior experience in Solution Sales, Business Development, General Management in an organization of repute is a key criterion. We are looking for someone who brings entrepreneurial approach, scalability and sustainability within a rapidly growing organization.
· REVENUE & PROFIT GROWTH – Ownership of the new business, growth goals and profitability of the Medical Devices segment. Provide oversight and inputs on strategic investments.
· CUSTOMER DEVELOPMENT
o Nurturing and growing new customers for a definite period
o Winning leading Medical devices companies such as J&J, Boston Scientific and Medtronic as customers
· LEAD GENERATION – Support to the Presales team to qualify leads within the focus segments / focus accounts.
· CUSTOMER PROPOSALS – Ownership of all customer proposals. Realize it working together with Presales and Practice teams.
· RELATIONSHIPS - Leverage existing, and develop new relationships with engineering professionals at the executive/senior level in order to promote and establish QuEST Global as the Engineering Services Partner of choice.
· SALES PROCESS ADHERANCE – Drive implementation of QuEST sales processes through internal reviews. Ensure Account Contact Plans are up to date and adhered to, campaign process steps are followed, RFQ/Proposal/POs follow process steps and ensure SFA compliance.
· BRANDING – Work closely with QuEST Marketing, Practice team and Pre Sales team to establish solid Brand Recognition in the industry.
· BILLING RATE NEGOTIATIONS – Support efforts to establish rates that leverage value pricing. Includes data gathering, analysis, proactive engagement of customer champions, pricing strategies, competitive positioning, competitor assessment, etc.
· CUSTOMER SATISFACTION – Ensure for all existing and target accounts.SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
· ALIGNED WITH QuEST CORE VALUES – Intrapreneural, open & transparent, team player, change champion, customer focus, humble, hungry
· PERFORMANCE RECORD :
o Year on year record of meeting or exceeding KRAs.
o Proven ability to scale both revenue and profit.
· SALES EXPERIENCE
o Rain Making and hunting as the biggest strengths
o Understanding the unstated needs of the customers and create demand.
o Experience in Rate negotiations.
o Customer facing Salesexperience with C-LEVEL Execs.
· INDUSTRY KNOWLEDGE
o Excellent domain knowledge in the segments of Medical Devices Industry – Diagnostics and therapeutic devices.
o Awareness of the market trends and competition
o 15+ years of experience with 5+ years of Medical Devices new business salesexperience for a product engineering services firm.
· CUSTOMER INTERACTIONS: Excellent customer interaction skills - excellent Oral & Written communication, Presentation skills and Outstanding Interpersonal / Relationships Skills.
· COLLABORATION: Collaborate with the practice, delivery and pre-sales teams to respond to needs and to create needs.
· TRAVEL – Ability and willingness to travel. Varies between 20-50%.
· RELATIONSHIPS :
o Ability to develop and maintain excellent relationship with senior engineering executives on customer side.
o Has existing relationships and connections with executives in the Medical Devices industry
· GLOBAL EXPOSURE :
o Strong work experience in the USA and Europe regions
o Multinational team leadership experience.
o Experience with Indian offshore teams
PERSONALITY TRAITS DESIRED
· Humble & Hungry
· Excellent team player and a thought leader
· Ability to spot opportunities and create a winning value proposition.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, Good aptitude and an excellent attitude.
· Being the brand ambassador of QuEST Global for the Medical Devices industry
· Global mindset
· A very strong work ethic. We’re a team of hard workers who are driven to do “whatever it takes”.
· Ownership – A strong sense of accountability.