Mediamorph is at the center of a digital revolution that is transforming the Film and TV industry. All major Hollywood studios, leading television networks and the largest video service operators use Mediamorph. We are backed by some of the largest and smartest M&E investors (including Smedvig Capital, AVP, Liberty Global Ventures and an M&E syndicate from Lee Equity) and are emerging as the clear leader in Media and Entertainment (M&E) data management space.
Mediamorph is seeking a talented energetic, passionate and experienced Sales Director to join our Sales team. This position will involve heavy prospecting to media companies with an emphasis on video such as cable operators, OTT video providers, video content companies but may also include other related media based companies.
The ideal candidate has 5+ years of enterprise software solution sales experience, preferably Software as a Service (SaaS), is self-motivated, and focused on winning new business with a ‘hunter mentality’. You will also be managing day to day customer relationships and working closely alongside the SVP of Sales to achieve revenue goals. This person will be based in New York.
The Sales Director will have impeccable oral and written communication skills and be able to articulate the value of the Mediamorph portfolio of software products and data management solutions to assigned major accounts and develop and close new prospects. Specifically, the Sales Director will employ a highly consultative, high value sales model to successfully drive top-line revenue with cable and broadcast operators, networks, affiliates and OTT providers.
- Overall responsibility for develop and implement a comprehensive sales and business growth strategy that maximizes Mediamorph’s opportunities across all products and services that Mediamorph offers to broadcasters, networks, affiliates and OTT providers and is designed to achieve or exceed sales and budget objectives for the regions
- Generate monthly territory forecasts and create and execute strategic account plans that accurately predicts revenue on a monthly basis
- Build and maintain a robust sales pipeline and keep Salesforce CRM system complete and up to date with insightful and specific, sales forecasting and reporting
- Keep apprised of changing market conditions, competitive landscape and new technologies
- Develop and present professional sales presentations and proposals
- Apply consultative selling methodology on a consistent basis, in order to create value propositions for strategic opportunities to attract and grow revenue
- Participates and contributes to responses that are requested by customers and potential customers for all sales related documentation i.e., RFPs, RFQ, Proposals, Pricing Quotes
- Conduct technical discussions with sales engineers and present demos as required
- Cultivate and develop effective business relationships with senior influencers and key decision makers across each account
- Collaborate with key people internally in order to monitor key information and data relating to customers, sales prospects and marketplace interactions
- 5+ years as a sales professional with experience selling enterprise Software as a Service (SaaS) digital media solutions, ERP, HCM, CRM software or financial solutions
- Bachelor’s degree and/or an MBA or advanced degree in business or related field a plus
- History of presenting to and negotiating with Executive-level decision makers: Directors, VP’s, SVP’s and above
- Significant experience navigating long sales cycles in a matrix environment to the Large enterprise segment
- Proven ability to understand the business and technical requirements of broadcasters, OTT providers and video content companies in order to effectively position Mediamorph and sell in software as solutions to those problems
- Some experience in the video industry across multiple platforms, such as traditional cable, mobile, OTT, etc, preferred
- Extremely self-motivated, attention to detail and desire to deliver results
- Excellent written and oral communication, including strong presentation skills and a confident ability to pitch at C-Level
- Working knowledge of Salesforce.com (or other sales tracking software)
- Proven track record of success meeting and exceeding quotas primarily with new business sales
- Excellent problem solving and negotiation skills at both the strategic and operational level
Ability and willingness to travel
- Media (with emphasis on video) industry relationships helpful
- Ability to understand technical concepts and API/systems integrations
- Experience with legal agreements and ability to analyze and interpret complex contracts and proposals during negotiations
- US Citizen
- Engineering experience is desirable