The Sales Director manages an effective sales team responsible for guiding customers through eventexperiences, providing solutions that meet their goals and objectives to result in a compelling eventexperience. Creates and implements effective strategies for revenue growth and customer satisfaction, ensuring team achievement of established targets. Utilizes all available tools to ensure maximum event and revenue capture from assigned customer base. Cultivates and maintains relationships with key hotel personnel to enhance the overall business relationship with hotel. Serves as a resource in large, high-end event production in venue location/region and support team as needed with guidance and training. Lead and support Company initiatives, business strategies and Core Values. This position supervises the Sales Coordinator, Sales Manager, and Sr. Sales Manager and reports to the Director, Event Technology.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Drive Results by establishing sales objectives through forecasting and developing quotas for all team members.
- Maximize revenue opportunity for assigned customers by creating effective strategies for per-event revenue growth, including upsell and cross-sell opportunities.
- Assist with creating high-end, large event, advanced technology solutions for PSAV’s existing and potential customers.
- Assist with preparing and delivering compelling presentations that convey the value of PSAV and effectively solve customer challenges.
- Attend site visits, pre-conference planning meetings, and appropriate venue meetings as necessary to support the customer eventexperience.
- Effectively collaborate with vendors and other departments/divisions of the company to capture and service events.
- Understand event cost structure and incorporate into solution designs according to established profitability guidelines.
- Deliver World-Class Service by cultivating and maintaining relationships with customers, venue personnel and various PSAV supporting functions and departments.
- Thoroughly research and understand customer history and previous experiences, in order to create more personalized customer experiences.
- Value People by attending customer meetings, understanding their goals and responding to their questions, concerns, and challenges.
- Actively refer and guide customers through the PSAV network, leveraging your contact to secure additional opportunities with existing customers.
- Hold sales team accountable to maintaining a healthy pipeline at all times that ensures achievement of established revenue targets.
- Ensure all known opportunities are in CRM and completely accurate and updated at all times.
- See the Big Picture by leading the sales forecasting efforts at home location(s), ensuring they are accurate and submitted timely.
- Learn, adopt and train team on all SOPs related to the role and any new initiatives/programs that are implemented; ensure full team compliance with established SOPs.
- Maintain knowledge of new product/service offerings and emerging technology supporting meetings and events; ensure team members are appropriately trained and competent/confident on available solutions.
- Create and present information and reports, as needed, to senior management related to performance, pipeline, forecasting, etc.
- Effectively manage the performance of the sales team, and direct work and tasks towards achieving the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Value People by promoting a culture of high performance, accountability and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
- Motivate and energize team members to make proactive decisions in all communications with customers.
- Address employee concerns or conflict, maintain adequate staffing levels, and facilitate team development and sales mentorship.
- Serve as the resident expert on the team, providing guidance and support to other team members for large events.
- Ensure the team receives and participates in all relevant sales training and participates in any regional or national sales communication programs.
Required Experience :
- BS/BA or 3+ years of PSAV or equivalent experiencerequired
- Minimum 3+ years of sales experiencerequired
- Prior sales experience in audiovisual, technology or hospitality experiencepreferred
- Knowledge of sales process required in addition to the ability to read and decipher financialreports and records
- Minimum of 1 year of supervision or leadership experiencerequired
- Technical aptitude, computer proficiency and CRM knowledge required; prefer CAD and Oracle knowledge
- Superior communication and presentation skills