ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as may be deemed necessary by the company from time to time.
- Represent the company to existing and perspective utility clients, energy efficiency organizations, and other firms in our industry (partners and competitors).
- Create strong relationships with utility decision makers and engage them in discussions about their needs and the solutions provided by the company and translate that back to the business to develop proposals for new and innovative programs
- Build relationships with potential clients through activity in organizations, trade shows, presentations at conferences, individual capability presentations to utilities, and other outreach to targeted states/utilities.
- Build relationships with industry firms and technology partners for joint bidding opportunities.
- Understand the energy efficiency markets on individual state and utility levels and use this knowledge to identify upcoming opportunities for the company’s products and services.
- Ensure that the company receives all applicable RFPs from utilities in the targeted states.
- Score incoming RFPs and assist in making final decision of whether to bid on program or not.
- Contribute significantly to proposal development – 1) the proposal champion who leads the whole effort, or 2) as a supporter of the champion who contribute the voice of the customer (what does the client want).
- Utilize insight and experience to contribute to company’s business development strategy.
- Achieve annual goals/targets for business growth across several metrics such as number of new client, revenue, and others.
- Responsible for servicing clients and the relationship management after the “sale”
- Keep pulse of regulatory drivers of business growth to inform and guide pipeline development.
- Serve as company representative in industry associations.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, or relevant field from accredited college or university; Advanced degree Preferred
- 8+ years of demonstrated and proven track record in sales and/or business development
- 5+ years of energy efficiency industry experience (or equivalent)
- Experience in managing and building high level utility relationships
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Must be able to handle a wide work variety and work in fast-pace environment
- Must be an entrepreneurial, detail-oriented, organized, self-starter, and have an ability to prioritize workload
- Exceptional presentation and executive level communication skills
- Ability to use social media tools such as LinkedIn and Twitter
- Strong ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with customers, clients and employees
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and solve practical problems
- Ability to work in team environment, leading and managing cross functional teams
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook as well as Salesforce