Corning is one of the world's leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people's lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Our Optical Communications segment has recently evolved from being a manufacturer of optical fiber and cable, hardware and equipment to being a comprehensive provider of industry-leading optical solutions across the broader communications industry.This segment is classified into two main product groupings – carrier network and enterprise network. The carrier network product group consists primarily of products and solutions for optical-based communications infrastructure for services such as video, data and voice communications. The enterprise network product group consists primarily of optical-based communication networks sold to businesses, governments and individuals for their own use.
- Reporting to the VP Sales, the Sales Director - Focus Accounts is responsible for building a sales strategy in order to increase the market share for identified focus accounts; develop strong relationships in all business segments of the accounts (Wireless, Wireline and Wi-Fi enterprises) in order to achieve the global sales objectives;
- The Director would develop TAS plans and maximize sales and margin of iBwave solutions to selected accounts in order to guarantee the future growth and success of the company;
- The Director would lead the effort to coordinate other internal resources to succeed in achieving financials targets and growing the customer relationships.
- This position is part of the iBwave organization.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the sales strategy for iBwave solutions to assigned accounts and territories in order to meet the individual sales budget
- Support the deployment of our wireless, mobile and wireline solutions in the account
- Create and develop contacts with existing and potential new customers and divisions across key functional areas including appropriate Executive action
- Analyze existing and anticipate future customer requirements and promotes iBwave solutions to fill such requirements
- Frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts. Represents the organization in providing solutions to difficult technical or commercial issues associated with specific projects to external customers. Interface with other functional area specialists
- Pursue actively and close direct sales opportunities with specific strategic target accounts;
- Organize QBR and yearly strategic planning session with focus accounts executives.
Leadership and management:
- Build, maintain and update Target Account Plans, Opportunities and other activities
- Communicate important market information via reports to the VP of Global sales
- Identify competitive activity where iBwave is at risk in performance, cost, and quality or market access.
- Leverage industry knowledge to increase market position and/or solidify customer relations
- Direct the activities of iBwave support functions (Customer Services, Inside sales and Sales Engineering) in meeting all customer needs
- Participate in internal meetings regarding sales budgets, forecasts, market analysis, contract management and competitive intelligence
- Attain work goals without appreciable supervisory direction.
- Align selling expenses with allocated budget
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- University business degree or equivalent;
- 10-15 years of experience evolving in a sales organization;
- Strong commitment, flexibility, drive and high reliability;
- Solid relationship at executive level in the 2 biggest Carriers in USA. (contact in Wireless, Wi-Fi and Wireline are an asset)
- Result oriented with Entrepreneurial / Hunting attitude;
- Travel might represent more than 50% of the time;
- The position holder requires strong interpersonal skills, i.e. the ability to quickly establish rapport and credibility, to influence and gain closure, and to work within a team structure
- Must be a 'self starter' and possess strong initiative, resilience, organization and time management skills;
- Must be able to work effectively with minimum supervision.
- Language skills: English a must, French or others a plus
- Track record of performance excellence meeting or exceeding objectives and expectations;
- Expertise in complex sales and solutions selling (TAS);
- Proven interpersonal skills, excellent communicator;
- Proficient in Power Point (writing presentations and presenting) and Excel;
- Ability to work and lead informal teams;
- Proficiency with CRM-based software tools, preferably with Salesforce.com;
- Strong business acumen
- Broad understanding and wide application of technical and commercial principles, theories, and concepts in fixed and mobile networks
- Sales Experience in Carrier Networks market (Wireline, Wireless, Wi-Fi Enterprise) is a plus
- Well-founded technical knowledge of Carrier network infrastructure
LOCATION: Home based office anywhere in the United States
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.