Join a team that puts its People First! First American's Agency Division is dedicated to providing our policy-issuing agents with resources, services and underwriting guidance needed to achieve new levels of success. Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for six consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.Job Summary
The Agent Advantage Sales Director will be responsible for the front line sales team for the Agent Advantage program. This role will work with management to develop a comprehensive national sales strategy, priorities, and targets. They will hire, train, and coach the sales team in best practice methods and techniques, and define evaluation criteria. The Sales Director will also be a critical input avenue for customer feedback to drive product development, and coordinate efforts with local sales teams.
The right candidate for this role will have a passion for coaching others to success, and be able to excel within a multi-pronged sales organization. This is an opportunity to build a sales team from the ground up that is flexible and able to sell a full suite of products and services. This role will have a national footprint with local and regional nuances.Essential Functions
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Manages and leads sales staff within a defined sales territory managing performance, coaching, mentoring, hiring and career development
- In conjunction with Regional Sales Managers develops and executes the Sales Strategy by leveraging best practice frameworks, methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Collaborates with internal marketing teams to develop local, regional and/or divisional marketing content to drive brand awareness to support sales strategy .
- Clearly communicates strategy, goals, sales targets and expectations.
- Ensures teams are leveraging best practices, accountability tools to continually assess, measure success and identify area of focus for corrective action.
- Actively recruits, retains and develops talent and holds employees accountable for results. Leads change, manages conflict and fosters collaboration.
- Facilitates work and problem resolution between work groups and leads cross functional/inter-departmental projects and/or process improvement efforts.
- Develops and modifies policies, processes that impact team.
- Successful track record designing, developing, and executing critical complex projects in more than one area of functional expertise.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships at the Senior Management level across functional groups and business units. Adeptness to change the thinking of, or gain acceptance from, others in sensitive situations, using influence and preventing damage to the relationships.
- Strong capacity to communicate the function's vision and the department's direction and set aligned goals. Provides resources and creates systems to measure results. Has a good understanding of competitor, financial and industry dynamics?
- Drives and models customer loyalty, manages customer expectations, solicits customer feedback and ensures commitments are met.
- Provides others with reliable information and delivers informative and persuasive presentations. Uses good listening skills and negotiates effectively.
- Collaboratively engages with leaders to create, identify and implement solutions to further effectiveness of the business.
- High level of business acumen, strategic agility, ability to develop others, and influence change.
Typical Range of Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Advanced degree preferred
License or Certification
- 7-10 years of directly related experience
- 5+ years demonstrated experience in a management role.
- Demonstrated success establishing, leading and maintaining effective working relationships at the Senior Management level.
- May require a valid driver's license in good standing
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.