Sales Director (Field) (Dallas, TX)
The New York Times describes Thunder as "an ad engine to put Mad Men out of business." We're changing how digital ads are created, personalized, and optimized with our intelligent Creative Management Platform
Thunder is coming to Dallas, TX! We are looking for leaders to evangelize our technology to potential customers in Dallas and beyond. As the Sales Director in Dallas, you are a seasoned hunter and are experienced in selling enterprise solutions to executives at ad agencies, brands, media companies, or other emerging technology companies. You also love understanding technologies in depth, and bringing products tothe marketplace. You have proven to operate independently away from headquarters, and make timely decisions in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment. Creative, energetic and a self-starter, you are intimately familiar with the enterprise sales cycle, and can use solutions-based software sales skills to drive deals forward and compress decision cycles.
We are looking for a track record of proven sales success in software or SaaS sales, and mastery of the sales cycle from outbound prospecting to closing the sale. Knowledge of the advertising industry is a plus, as is previous success working away from headquarters. In this role you will enjoy a rewarding commission structure, opportunity for career growth, the chance to represent "wow" products in a rapidly growing market, and an opportunity to build out a team in Dallas in the long term.
- Be our Dallas presence – identify & meet with stakeholders at ad agencies, brands, media companies, or other potential partners: CEOs, CROs, VPs of Digital, Creative Directors, etc.
- Use solutions-based selling to identify where Thunder's products can solve needs
- Demonstrate Thunder's technologies via web demos, phone calls, and in person
- Nurture relationships with potential clients through in-person meetings and informal engagements
- Negotiate business terms and see new contracts through to execution
- Meet or exceed activity, pipeline, and revenue targets
- Travel as needed (typically 1-2 times per month)
- Minimum 5 years of SaaS experience (field sales experience a strong plus)
- Familiarity with the agency and brand world in Texas
- Strong skills in initiating executive-level contacts, securing sales presentation opportunities, and demonstrated success in closing new business relationships
- Experience with dynamic creative technologies (ex. DCO) a strong plus
- Genuine desire to understand customer needs and help customers succeed with Thunder’s technologies
- Technically adept, experienced with web technologies
- Resourceful, well organized, highly dependable, efficient and detail oriented