Sales Directors at our firm are high achieving, goal oriented professionals who represent us to senior executives at the world?s most successful brand name companies. The Sales Director will be responsible for securing new clients through direct sales of subscription-based and customized research products and services to Fortune 1000 companies.
The Sales Director will directly interface with marketing, consumer insights and market research senior executives and decision makers. The Sales Director is expected to engage in a high volume of new sales conversations with unique prospect opportunities each month, build rapport with senior executives and strategically manage the sales opportunity to a close using a consultative sales
What Are the Key Responsibilities?
- Responsible for annual sales goal of $1MM-$1.5MM+ in new revenue
- Complete 18-22 new sales meetings per month through phone-based and in-person interactions.
- Develop and own the strategy and plan to identify and win new clients
- Own personal sales targets on a quarterly, half year and annual calendar
- Apply consultative sales process to engage and convert senior executives into clients
- Facilitate decision making with multiple stakeholders being involved
- Execute sales methodology with an average sales cycle of (3) months or less
- Manage an internal sales associate to qualify leads and schedule sales meetings to meet weekly and monthly sales meeting targets
- Own and execute sales account planning and territory management
- Utilize Salesforce to track and evaluate sales activity
- Manage & communicate sales forecast on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis
- Maintain competitive knowledge, product knowledge & focus and be able to differentiate
- value proposition
What are the Key Qualifications for Success?
- 3+ years sales experience with proven consultative sales skills and preferredexperience selling to marketing and consumer insights functions at large companies
- Proven track record in a B2B (business to business) context of closing new business consistently at or above quota level
- Prior commercial experience at a company offering subscription-based research programs to businesses or institutions
- Successful experience in sales environments with emphasis on high volume of new sales appointments and follow up calls
- A consultant-like ability to learn and use new information in a two ? way conversation that: adds value, provides strategic insight into a prospect?s business, and leads to a compelling case for buying a product or service
- The ability to build business relationships at a senior level and develop client - focused value propositions that are commercially viable
- Ability to cultivate internal sponsors, decision makers and influencers and facilitate a process that drives to collective decision making
- Is comfortable, agile and versatile in discussing money, the transaction and closing
- Knows how to apply pressure to move a sales process forward
- Manages time and self-organization to systemize workflow for high activity volume, while creating a customized sales experience for each prospect
- Has utilized Salesforce or comparable CRM tool with demonstrated success in account planning, territory management and forecasting discipline
- Excellent written and oral/presentation skills
- Bachelors Degree, MBA preferred