Profile and Responsibilities:
The Director of Sales for the Bay Area is responsible for growing Encore Semi’s revenue, with a focus on serving customer’s activities in Silicon Valley, developing and maintaining strong relationship with customers in the technical-domains served by Encore Semi.
He/she is focused on turning customer demand into strategic engagements, working closely with the engineering organizations, support groups and partners of Encore Semi. He/she promotes and leverages ES expertise to build compelling engineering service solutions to satisfy customer needs. An ideal candidate would exhibit the following traits:
- Motivated to continuously learn new technical concepts in relation with Encore Semi’s and customers’ activity.
- Able to interact with customers’ engineering groups and understand their objectives and needs.
- Focused on execution with strong results orientation and attention to details.
- Independent, yet very collaborative team player – with keen acumen in effectively leveraging the organization’s resource and domain experts.
- Able to define and deploy an effective strategy to leverage the pool of Encore Semi experts and synchronize new projects with their availability.
- Leverage personal and company industry network to identify new opportunities.
- Demonstrate strong presence and presentation skills.
- Contribute to the definition and development of best-in-class sales / marketing collaterals.
- Ability to deal with change and effectively navigate industries’ macro-trends. Contribute to the development and refinement of business models and commercial approaches to continuously adapt and innovate towards best financial performance (revenues & margins).
- 10+ years of semiconductor-related sales experience, with at least 3 years selling engineering services (combined hardware and software experience is a plus)
- Global understanding of the phases & tasks of a SoC/chipset/platform/software development
- Established knowledge base in at least one of the following vertical segment:
- Enterprise Data Storage
- Telecom infrastructure & Networking
- Low power wireless/IoT
- Established track record at selling value propositions to IC/IP and embedded software product companies.
- Experience in account management and ability to build trusted-advisor relationships with customers
- Bachelor's Degree in a business or engineering discipline