We are currently seeking a Director of Sales, Distribution. The Director of Sales, Distribution reports directly to the SVP & General Manager of the Consumer/Industrial Group (CIG).
This position is responsible for delivering sustainable, profitable growth for CIG business through active management of distribution channel and inside sales. Expectation from this role is to improve Net Promoter Score with key channel partners and drive strong double digit revenue growth (with acceptable margins).
Who are we?
We are a leading provider of top quality rigid packaging. Our organization consists of more than 2,400 employees in over 55 locations. We are a customer driven company with proven expertise in the areas of custom design, supply chain fulfillment and diverse manufacturing platforms. We are a company that is passionate about helping our clients succeed. Companies nationwide rely on Consolidated Container Company to provide products, support innovation, facilitate marketing decisions and improve business performance in their daily operations. Our talented and diverse team of employees rivals all others in the industry. We are an end to end, total/turn-key/go-to-market solution provider from graphics design, bottle design, to merchandising solutions:
Corporate Website: http://cccllc.com/ Design Center: http://cccllc.com/design-center/
What do we Stand for?
On a Daily Basis, We Exemplify Our Guiding Principles
What sets Consolidated Container Company apart from any other company is the quality of our most valuable resource-our people.
- Act with Integrity & in Compliance
- Drive Value Creation
- Be Disciplined Entrepreneurs
- Focus on the Customer
- Act with Humility
- Treat others with Dignity and Respect
- Seek Fulfillment in Your work
The incorporation of these principles at all levels of our organization allow our employees to feel valued and excited about the impact Consolidated Container Company has on both consumers and clients who use our products. Our culture fosters excellence personally and professionally and promotes development that leads to continued success.
Consolidated Container Company is committed to providing a competitive Total Rewards Package that meets our employees’ needs.
From a choice of medical, dental and vision plans to retirement savings opportunities through a 401(k), company match and Roth feature, CCC offers a comprehensive benefits package. We want our employees to have a work life balance ensuring they are at their best in whatever they do. We offer a generous holiday, vacation and time off program as well as opportunities to contribute to our local communities and broader scale sustainability efforts.
In addition to recognition we believe in supporting our employee’s professional growth and development. We provide employees a wide range of free e-courses through our Learning Management System as well as training sessions, seminars and a generous tuition reimbursement benefit.
- Build on existing strategy/structure to develop and optimize capabilities within organization to drive profitable growth through distribution channel and inside sales.
- Oversee strategic distributor accounts and build strong corporate relationships with key decision makers.
- Provide commercial and operational leadership to the sales and support team.
- Lead/Support process and infrastructure for distribution channel/inside sales (CRM, Business Cases, Stock vs Custom, training, talent management, Key Account planning, Forecasting, Pipeline development etc.)
- Active member of leadership and Business Management Team.
- Optimize and sell open capacity at all of CCC’s manufacturing facilities.
- Develop CCC’s professional sales capabilities to exceed customer and business expectations through Value Selling techniques.
- Enable and empower team to deliver superior business results.
- Develop a strong talent bench and succession planning to drive employee retention and deliver sustained success.
- Improve CIG culture through continued understanding and application of CCC’s Guiding Principles .
- Fortify critical relationships with CCC internal functional partners to execute business tactics/strategies efficiently, drive speed to market and generate sustainable, profitable growth.
- 10 + years experience in direct sales and sales management with demonstrated track record for success with new business development
- 5+ years experience in managing/developing people.
- Distribution background preferred – keen understanding of the value-added services distributors provide.
- Existing relationships with key packaging / container distributors are a plus (includes NACD)
- Proven track record of achieving business success
- Effective solution seller (Value selling) with demonstrated track record and high close ratio
- Strong Communication and interpersonal skills with demonstrable executive presence – board room quality - able to represent the company to senior managers externally and internally
- Manufacturing or rigid plasitcs background is plus.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree, preferably Business or related field
Job ID 2018-6441