Numerator is looking for a top performing sales professional to join us. Over the last five years, by leveraging the rise in smartphones and putting user experience first we have successfully built the largest purchase panel in the world. Our data pipeline processes over 300k receipts per day, including purchases from both brick & mortar and online.
When we say "Strength in Numbers" we aren't just talking about our market intelligence, we're talking about our global team that works with clients to surface new opportunities, illuminate next steps and make it easy to act. Numerator uniquely connects omnichannel purchase data (via the InfoScout OmniPanel™) with comprehensive path data to reveal how share of attention turns into share of market.
This role will be in charge of building out new relationships in a variety of markets and spaces. Additionally, you will manage and maintain relationships with clients as you expand sales throughout your region. We're looking for a true sales hunter with knowledge and experience in the CPG industry.
Candidates can work remotely with frequent travel to Numerator offices and client locations. This position is focused on our East coast territory. Our local office is located in Manhattan. 25-30 % travel required.
Skills & Requirements
- Hunter with enterprise SaaS software sales experience, with particular emphasis on building new relationships and opening new accounts and growing existing accounts.
- Proven track record of delivering high-quality results in a timely manner, including consecutively exceeding past sales quotas
- Deep understanding of multiple facets of retailer, agency and consumer products with prior experience selling into marketing, shopper or consumer insights
- Deep understanding of the sales process with the ability to engage senior level executives in strategic meetings to ensure top down alignment regarding strategy and objectives
- Skilled at building and managing customer relationships, including stakeholder management
- Strong oral, written, and presentation skills
- Understanding of household panel data (NPD, Nielsen and/or IRI) is a plus
- Microsoft Office expertise (Powerpoint, Excel, Word)
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree (preferred) with 5+ years relevant experience
- A minimum of 5 years of software sales experience, selling into consumer products and retailers, in the functional areas of Brand Marketing, Market Research, Category Management, and/or Shopper & Consumer Insights
- Working knowledge of NPD, Nielsen or IRI data/solutions is a plus
- Working knowledge of enterprise software applications and services designed for the retail and consumer goods industries is highly valued (e.g., Nielsen, IRI, NPD, Dunnhumby)
- Working knowledge of Business Intelligence software such as Microstrategy, Tableau, QlikView, or Business Objects
- Functional knowledge of Salesforce.com and its use for updating accounts, opportunities, and deal stages
- Able to travel up to 30% for business purposes.