?We are in the process of filling open positions for the combined company following CenturyLink?s acquisition of Level 3 Communications. All qualified candidates who express interest by submitting an application to an open posting will be considered. However, based on business needs, preference may be given to internal applicants on certain positions. We still welcome, and encourage, all application submissions while we continue our integration process. Internal applicants are current, active CenturyLink employees, including Level 3 employees who have transitioned to CenturyLink as part of the acquisition.?
Develops and ensures attainment of new sales/revenue and margin growth for strategic accounts which contribute to the company?s bottom line. Staffs and directs a sales team and provides leadership towards the achievement of maximum profitability and growth in line with company vision and values. Establishes plans and strategies to expand the customer base in the assigned area, and contributes to the development of training and educational programs for customers and Account Directors.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of applicable education and experiencerequired; MBA or related graduate degreepreferred.
- Demonstrated sales management experience (at least 5-6years) in telecommunications sales and sales leadership experience.
- Business/financial background is helpful.
- Exceptional strategic planning, account management and contract negotiations skills required.
- Experience is consultative sales techniques and account planning (including account profiling, account positioning strategy, customer needs analysis, sales opportunity development, service improvement planning, and long range account management strategies.
- A track record for consistently exceeding revenue goals.
- Success leading and managing sales teams
- Proven ability to hire, manage, mentor and motivate successful, solution oriented sales teams.
- Strong record in developing and assigning geographic territories and customer/prospect modules.
- Formulates account strategies to grow the business and the relationships within large accounts. Develops new business opportunities with partner companies with complementary technology.
- Builds a high performance team; hires and retains the right talent in the right roles; sets goals, delegates work, holds reports accountable; develops and empowers direct reports to make decisions and take action. Demonstrates Company?s values, maintains a positive open demeanor, encourages different points of view, moves team forward through change; provides timely information; communicates context for business decisions; recognizes accomplishments; fosters teamwork and collaboration.
- Develops and maintains account plans and detailed financial forecasts. Conducts accurate sales forecasts, and achieves sales targets.
- Develops and executes sales plans such as sector strategies, hiring plans, territory management systems, and compensation plans.
- Oversees and participates in programs that ensure the attainment of expense objectives, and will recommend programs to control and correct budget overruns.
- Owns several key salessupport processes which may include opportunity and forecast management, the overall sales process, territory/customer-prospect module management and sales certification.
- Supports and develops initiatives across Sales and the company primarily focused on sales productivity and efficiency. Expands opportunities into untapped product portfolios and develops sales propositions.
- Basic Qualifications
- Minimum skills required to perform in this role.
- Bachelors Degree and 8years of relevant job experience with similar essential duties
Preferred Education, Skills and Experience
Education and Experience
- Experience: 10+ yrs
- Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
- Field Of Study: Telecommunications, Sales/Marketing, or similar
- Attention to detail with good organizational capabilities.
- Ability to prioritize with good time management skills.