$200K — $250K *
The primary objective of this role is to generate sales of complex products and services to Calpine Energy Solutions clients within an allocated account(s), territory(s) or industry(s) assigned with minimal direction. In addition, this person will create and execute their market sales activity, focusing on identifying cost saving or value-generated opportunities.
• Responsible for working as a lead energy partner, developing set-up and implementation and creating an energy sales plan for new clients that have selected a managed portfolio approach for energy purchasing. Requires interaction with customers and prospects at the CFO, treasury and procurement levels.
• Responsible for collaborating with Calpine Energy Solutions Corporate Finance and Risk Solutions group, Calpine Energy Solutions regional sales teams, and Credit Risk team to identify and close opportunities.
• Utilizes executive level information and insight from the client to continuously assess the potential for a strategic relationship. Maintains all aspects of the on-going client relationship; generating new business, tracking all activity/progress on the account sites, providing pre and post sales support for their region and clients.
• Must be able to articulate the benefits of a portfolio of products and services offered by Solutions. Must be able to apply market and account skills necessary for dealing with specific target audiences, including the delivery of energy solutions and commodities, as applicable, working closely with cross-functional team members from Commercial Structuring, Delivery and Operations, and Risk Management Services.
• Must be able to build consensus throughout customer organizations for implementation of strategic relationships (treasury, procurement, and production) and provide a conduit for the deliverables associated with our products.
• Responsible for the production of weekly sales management reports utilizing the CRM system.
• Responsible for originating a target amount of annual margin from new direct sales to clients with whom Solutions does not have existing business relationships.
Requirements• This position requires an undergraduate degree (in finance, business or engineering), MBA preferred.
• Business to business sales, with unregulated energy commodity sales and marketing experience.
• Seven to ten or more years of experience in proven sales - closing transactions.
• Experience managing large territory accounts for major corporations at senior levels preferred.
• Strong interpersonal, communication, and negotiating skills to ensure issues are identified early and feasible solutions are developed on a timely basis.
• Ability to develop and present formal presentations to internal, external and Sr. Management groups.
• Knowledge of FASB hedge accounting treatments and required analysis to achieve favorable accounting treatments.
• Knowledge of risk valuation methodology is preferred.
• Must be self-directed and able to learn business and new products quickly.
• Ability to work and contribute as an effective team player in a fast paced sales environment.
• May be responsible for leading and/or mentoring other sales personnel on sales procedures, industry techniques, as assigned.
• Aptitude to work independently to adapt to changing industry demands and internal and external factors.
• Problem solver, offering practical thinking and approaches when applicable, providing sound analysis and judgment when making
Valid through: 6/26/2021