Transplace desires to attract high energy, experienced sales professionals to join our growing team that has well-established process for closing retail brokerage solutions, along with delivering continued year over year growth. In this position, the primary accountabilities are as follows:
- Identify, manage and close retail brokerage opportunities focused on manufacturers, retailers and distributors, leveraging the existing Transplace transportation management/TMS customer base.
- Develop and build customer relationships at decision-maker levels resulting in brokerage services business and deeper customer revenue expansion opportunities
- Assess business opportunities and prospect requirements to solve challenges through a sales solution approach for truckload, LTL, dedicated, intermodal, collaborative and related services across Canada
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND TASKS
- Cultivate, grow and close new business with prospective customers through a thoughtful and organized sales process and approach to qualifying and identifying sales opportunities
- Through in-depth understanding of the industry and the customer market environment, apply appropriate sales techniques to close on new business opportunities
- Apply multi-tier approach to sales activities including: calls, on-site meetings, prospecting, qualifying, lead generation, etc.
- Prepare and present the value proposition for Transplace brokerage services through a solution sales approach to the prospect’s transportation and broader supply chain/operational challenges.
- Align Transplace’s extensive network of managed transportation and brokerage services to fit the transportationnetwork of a particular customer/prospect.
- Plan and prioritize sales activities and customer contact towards achieving revenue goals
- Provide weekly reports on prospect interactions, lead generation and customer developments, following prescribed Transplace sales methodologies and processes
- Maintain complete, timely and accurate representations of all opportunities within Transplace’s single system of record- Salesforce.com
- Make a meaningful business impact within six months of joining the Transplace team
- Work in accord with the company’s core values (Respect the Individual, Thrill the Customer, Process and Technology Excellence and Growth & Profitability)
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERTISE
- Demonstrated expertise in sales and business development of transportation services
- Proven ability to drive a diagnostic sales campaign – presenting a thoughtful “reason to take action”
- Knowledge of sales strategies
- Knowledge of sales lead generation tools (i.e., SalesForce.com) to effectively manage a sales pipeline
- Expertise in listening to the customer, understanding customer challenges, and translating company services into a value proposition for the customer
- Transportation industry knowledge - including key terminology; and, knowledge of customer industries.