The Sales Director will draw on firsthand knowledge of market-leading customers and ecosystem to propel pipeline development of uses cases that support rapid design wins and revenue growth. Compensation is structured with significant variable upside aligned with this focus. Candidates should bring experience and skills in developing initial pipelines for early-stage pioneering companies while managing sales processes and the development of global sales teams in support of that goal.
- Build a robust opportunity pipeline and establish long-term business relationships with partners and customers with strategic relevance to Blaize future product roadmap.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to enable customer success for an optimal time to revenue.
- Manage customer expectations for a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Lead and motivate global sales teams to drive demand and create and grow opportunities and accounts.
- Expand and leverage customer ecosystem relationships in the edge computing market.
- Build effective relationships with industry-specific partners, channels, and distributors.
- Establish processes to drive effective joint business planning and execution with partners.
- Formulate sales incentives and effective systems to establish sales goals and measure results.
- Manage monthly forecasting, sales opportunities, and account business plans.
- Individual contributor role, that will eventually build a global sales team.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree with 10+ years of business development and sales experience in technology.
- Hands-on experience selling current leading legacy AI silicon, modules, and systems into the AI ecosystem.
- Deep experience and strong ecosystem network in Embedded and Edge Computing markets.
- Experience selling AI solutions in robotics, embedded camera, or video analytics segments.
- Strong experience and knowledge of use cases in end-markets such as retail, industrial, manufacturing, security, healthcare, medical, and smart city.
- Technical foundation and strong business knowledge of AI industry with skills to provide value-add in solving partner and customer challenges.
- Proven track record of successfully growing and exceeding revenue targets for innovative, new, and groundbreaking industry solutions.
- Experience in identifying and qualifying prospects for product alignment to enable efficient paths to revenue opportunities.
- Experience managing geographically dispersed sales teams and complex sales cycles.
- Experience with pricing strategies, channel economics, and negotiation tactics.
- Experience with leading alliances and driving complex deal negotiations.
- Must be able to travel up to 50% domestically and internationally (post-pandemic).