IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. is a leader in pet healthcare innovation, serving practicing veterinarians around the world witha broad range of diagnostic and information technology-based products and services. IDEXX products enhance theability of veterinarians to provide advanced medical care, improve staff efficiency and build more economically successful practices. IDEXX is also a worldwide leader in providing diagnostic tests and information for livestock and poultry and tests for the quality and safety of water and milk. Headquartered in Maine, IDEXX Laboratories employs more than 7,500 people and offers products to customers in over 175 countries.
Engage our veterinary customers in all Digital X-ray sales related activities and responsibilities in a specific territory in conjunction with the IDEXX Veterinary Diagnostic Consultant responsible for that customer. Acquire new business in existing customer base and acquire new customer. Work cross collaboratively regarding in house and reference lab products & services. Serve as strategic account manager to insure Region acquisition & growth goals. This should be done with IDEXX values and principles, including building customer loyalty. Focus onacquiring new business in Strategic Accounts, Buying Groups and Large Integrated Deals in territory.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sell IDEXX Digital Radiography X-Ray Imaging equipment (DR) Compact and System instrumentation, warranty and peripheral supplies necessary to operate the DR equipment. This is a capital sales position.
- Closely Partner with Veterinary Diagnostic Consultants (full-line sales reps), in a co-selling environment, providing technical expertise to Consultants and customers as it relates to IDEXX’s digital imaging equipment
- Maintain sales forecast and territory plan, including with distributor management and representatives, within thegeographical territory.
- Initiate and coordinate lead generation with Veterinary Diagnostic Consultants, other IDEXX Sales Consultants, and Distribution partners.
- Complete sales administration responsibilities, including developing and maintaining account profiles; utilization of sales information system; timely sales information reporting; and timely and accurate paperwork completion.
- Participate in team activities and discussions as needed with Regional Sales Manager and team, as well as IDEXX marketing
- Achieve and continually build technical knowledge of products and services, technologies, operation and processes.
- Attend trade shows and other educational commitments;
- Represents IDEXX values to customers through professional presentation, understanding of the veterinary business and of customer needs, and excellent communication and follow through.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree in a Scientific or related discipline preferred; or an equivalent combination of related education and experience.
- Scientific or advanced studies a plus.
- 5-8+ years of outside/territory field sales experience required.
- Capital Equipment sales experience, strongly preferring Veterinary Radiology Equipment sales or medical imaging sales experience on the "human side"
- Scientific medical and/or technical background, training, and/or experience a plus.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Capital Equipment sales experience, strongly preferring imaging sales experience.
- Strong collaboration & teamwork skills
- Demonstrated strong sales and closing skills.
- Documented track record of success in achieving sales goals.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to influence and negotiate, as well as present with impact.
- Ability to understand customer needs and develop customer specific solutions.
- Technical aptitude.
- Must be professionally mature and able to adapt to independent and team-oriented environment.
- Must possess a passion for business with the drive to achieve results.
- Integrity, keeping commitments to colleagues, customers and the company.
- Able to demonstrate modeling and authentic support for IDEXX mission, values and principles.
- Solid computer skills and ability to utilize sales information management databases.
- Strong interpersonal skills – ability to build strong customer relationships, and build outstanding relationships withcustomers & colleagues.
- Utilizes creativity in problem solution, works easily with team partners to solve customer needs.
- Detailed and organized with the ability to multi-task.
- Solid analytical skills with the ability to analyze and understand customer sales data.
- Knowledge of veterinary industry and/or veterinary diagnostics preferred.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Extensive car and air travel
- Overnight travel
- Some weekend work
- Ability to lift up to 60 pounds
- Exposure to veterinary clinics
While we appreciate our staffing partners, we are unable to accept unsolicited agency resumes.