Businesses that partner with Google come in all shapes, sizes and market caps, and no one Google advertising solution works for all. Your knowledge of online media combined with your communication skills and analytical abilities shapes how new and existing business grow. Using your influencing and relationship-building skills, you provide Google-caliber client service, research and market analysis. You anticipate how decisions are made, persistently explore and uncover the business needs of Google's key clients and understand how our range of product offerings can grow their business. Working with them, you set the vision and the strategy for how their advertising can reach thousands of users.
You are responsible for influencing customer conversations through strategic storytelling and actionable insights for positive growth and relationship outcomes. As the principal digital marketing expert of both verticals, you will lead a team of SDMs to develop scalable client-centered stories that are integral to the verticals’ success. You will oversee end-to-end custom research to uncover novel and actionable ideas that optimally position Google’s product offerings and drive business strategies. You will work collaboratively with Industry Directors to tackle the most complex business challenges and leverage cross-functional partnerships (Analytical Leads, Sales Operations) to deliver on ambitious growth targets. Success will reside on the ability to lead a high performing team and drive deep personal influence across verticals through strategy and storytelling execution.
Our Large Customer Sales teams partner closely with many of the world’s biggest advertisers and agencies to develop digital solutions that build strong businesses and brands. We enjoy a bird’s eye view on the massive transformation occurring as advertising shifts to mobile and online platforms. We're uniquely situated to help shape how companies grow their businesses in the digital age. We advise clients on Google's broad range of products across search, video and mobile to help them connect instantly and seamlessly with their audiences.
- Lead development of high priority sector/cross-vertical narratives that address complex customer business challenges.
- Align with Industry Directors on in-quarter and multi-quarter priorities for vertical narratives and oversee execution of agreed quarterly vertical engagement plan.
- Manage a high performing SDM team to deliver insights, digital marketing thought leadership and storytelling savviness across verticals.
- Oversee consumer-focused research programs that can unlock new growth opportunities.
- Attend and contribute to regular vertical leadership meetings.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience in digital marketing, account planning, marketing research and/or consulting
- Management experience
- Proven team management experience
- Experience managing first and third-party research
- Proficiency with spreadsheet and presentation software
- Deep knowledge of search, social, mobile, display, video and local spaces
- Strong analytical skills that include the ability to see granular as well as big-picture issues
- Ability to demonstrate strong communications, project management, interpersonal, and organizational skills.