WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Develop, enforce and maintain current system policies
- Lead and coordinate with multiple departments on implementation or transition of essential business platforms such as server migrations or upgrades
- Maintain current servers to industry standard levels of fault tolerance
- Monitor backup solutions and prepare emergency policies for data retention
- Work with business system team members to coordinate optimal usage of resources per essential demand in the corporate environment
- Create and keep documentation up to date for existing and planned network setup such as router configurations, planned server obsolescence, server system rotation during server hardware upgrades, etc.
- Proactively search for ways to enhance and deliver existing solutions for business needs
- Assist as needed on Help Desk support issues that come up – both due to needs of additional skill requirements and help managing general queued support
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE TEAM
- 2-5 years equivalent system administration, database or networkexperience
- BA or BS in CS/IT related field, preferred
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good people and presentation skills
- Ability to set goals and achieve scheduled deadlines
- Attention to detail
- A passion for automation and constant improvement
- A willingness to constantly learn new technology and push your boundaries.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Technically proficient in performing job related responsibilities
- Experience in creating and managing industry standard documentation for systems/databases/networks
- Experience with support of end users
- Experience training end users preferred
- **Working Conditions: Standard work week is 40 hours, this can fluctuate depending on project and support workload. Need to be available at a set rotating schedule for emergency IT failures.