As a Sales Development Rep you will interface directly with the C-Store customer on a daily basis and build a profitable business partnership and relationship. You will educate customers on products and programs available through Core-Mark and facilitate daily activity required to manage the C-Store business between Wholesale and Retail.
You are required to meet specific goals for Sales and Profit assigned for your territory and individual accounts. This includes the implementation and execution of specific Growth Strategies, Marketing Programs, Strategic Initiatives, and Company Standards. Working in tandem with the Territory Manager, you are also required to help grow market share, through new account solicitation. This position is fast-paced and multi-faceted, requiring a broad skill set of sales, merchandising, order replenishment, marketing, problem solving, time management, and customer service.
- Deliver Total Sales and Profit Plan for Assigned Accounts
- Deliver Non-Cigarette Sales and Profit Plan for Assigned Accounts
- Deliver Sales and Profit Plan by Commodity for Assigned Accounts
- Deliver Sales and Profit Plan for the Fresh Strategic Initiative
- Deliver Sales and Profit Plan for the Market Share Strategic Initiative
- Solicit New Business and Deliver on Assigned Account Base Growth
- Division Specific Expectations for Core-Solutions and Regional Goals
Strategically manage daily activity regarding existing and prospective customers within assigned geography.
- Solicit information from assigned potential new accounts to determine accounts that meet minimum division qualifications for volume, cigarette, non-cigarette, profit, expense, delivery, and VCI/Fresh expectations.
- Daily focus on Sales metrics. Achieve VCI wins within the 16 commodities outlined within the penetration report.
- Implement and execute marketing programs within assigned accounts.
- Promote, sell, and secure orders from customers through a relationship-based approach.
- Make weekly sales calls, within assigned geography, to assigned accounts.
- Provide Territory Manager with oral and written reports on sales activity, customer issues, customer performance, competitive information, and new business opportunities.
- Effectively communicate Core-Mark products, services, program features, benefits, credit terms, sales analysis reports and price books.
- Utilize company data base to develop leads for the Territory Manager.
- Operate in a professional manner, representing Core-Mark in a positive light, with respect for internal and external relationships. Overcome objections and negotiate effectively with customers, in all facets of business.
- Communicate program compliance, contracts, schematics, and purchase requirements.
- Drive sales and profit following Corporate and Divisional marketing programs and initiatives. Capture and report all vendor consolidation initiatives. Ensures all monthly Smart Stock thresholds are achieved.
- Follow all company policies and procedures including Safety protocols.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Reliable vehicle with current active driver’s license, insurance levels meeting Core-Mark requirements, and have an acceptable driving record. This position is a road warrior.
- Access to a computer and printer with intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills (Email, Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
- Excellent internal/external communication skills, verbal and written.
- Excellent selling skills with effective use of interpersonal relationships.
- Must be well organized and effective at multi-tasking and daily time management, including excellent follow-up skills.
- Must be able to listen effectively and develop profitable customer relationships.
- Must possess a professional work attitude and image, and able to work independently as well as with a team.
- Must have an overall selling aptitude to identify opportunity and close the sale
- Must be able to work with all levels and departments of the organization.
- Must be able to lift push/pull up to 50 pounds (moving product, setting up displays/racks, etc.). Must be able to operate a motor vehicle for long distances.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing, both in person and via telephone.
High school diploma or equivalent required. Four year college degree in sales or marketing is preferred.
- Five years of C-Store industry knowledge and/or related experiencerequired.
- Intermediate or advanced experience in Microsoft Office required.
- Fluent Communication and Customer Service skills.
Job Reference ID: SALES05540