Sales Development Representative
Axiom is seeking a Sales Development Representative to join our Chicago office.
This is a entry-level job in Chicago for future business leaders
- Our new hires receive hands-on coaching from a direct manager and a mentor.
- Our new hires are given real responsibility: tangible goals, client-facing responsibilities, and leadership opportunities.
- Our business development team is the fastest growing team amongst one of the fastest growing private companies in the world.
If you’re still not sold… visit our team web page.
Axiom is the leading provider of tech-enabled professional services to the largest companies in the world. With over 1,500 mission-obsessed Axiomites globally, we get a nerdy excitement for innovating the way that legal, compliance, and contracts work is done.
As we continue our expansion, we’re looking for a team member who is able to share Axiom’s story with prospective clients with the goal of generating revenue-generating meeting opportunities for the sales team. This is a position for someone who loves to connect with sophisticated stakeholders, exhibits outstanding judgment, maturity, confidence, and professionalism, and thrives in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment within a close-knit team.
Specifically, this role will be responsible for:
- Strategically researching/identifying potential client contacts, generating leads, and uncovering high-value opportunities
- Communicating Axiom’s business model to potential clients in an impactful way and demonstrating why a meeting with Axiom would be beneficial to their business
- Driving business through outbound phone calls, preparing and sending strategic e-mails to prospective clients specific to their business or legal needs
- Successfully diagnosing the client’s key business needs to ensure a high quality of interaction in the first sales meeting
- Supporting Sales in all aspects of the sales cycle, including scheduling follow-up meetings and managing the pipelines of completed meetings to ensure all prospective clients are being contacted throughout the year
- Working with local and central marketing teams to create external marketing materials to engage prospective clients
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
First and foremost, successful candidates must be fits for our unique operating environment and culture: high-growth, innovative, lean, and values-driven. As such, successful candidates must be highly capable in each the following dimensions (among others): adaptability, curiosity, resourcefulness, analytical thinking/problem solving, proactivity, taking initiative, teamwork, thought leadership, credibility, and operating with/through a lean team.
Beyond these characteristics, here are the required skills, knowledge, capabilities, and education:
- Goal and action orientation, with a sense of urgency, drive, and commitment to routinely exceed monthly activity metrics
- Exemplary service ethic when contributing to individual and team goals
- Highly persuasive verbal communication skills, and excellent written communication skills
- Poise, confidence, and maturity to interact with senior client levels
- Tenacity and resilience with a will to keep going despite rejections
- Forward-thinking and solutions-oriented approach at all times
- Strong MS office skills
- Bachelor’s degree from a top-tier institution