Sales Development Manager – Automotive HVLP Spray
Midwest / East Coast
Our client is a manufacturer of High Volume Low Pressure (HVLP) spray finishing systems for the automotive and industrial markets and they’re looking for a Sales Superstar. If you’re currently a successful Sales Manager, with a minimum of 5years outside salesexperience in the automotive collision repair industry, and are looking for a new career opportunity with unlimited income and desire to be a key team member, we invite you to apply today. As the leader of their Automotive Products Group you will be selling their HVLP spray finishing systems to automotive paint distributors and collision repair centers. This position requires knowledge of and the ability to demonstrate automotive paint application. The position includes a competitive compensation package including a base salary, auto and cell phone allowance, healthcare benefits and unlimited commissions. Up to 50% travel is required and the balance of your time will be working in your local market.
Responsibilities of the Sales Development Manager – Automotive HVLP Spray
- Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from newspapers, business directories, industry ads, trade shows, Internet Web sites, and other sources.
- Travels throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders, or talks with customers on sales floor or by phone.
- Displays or demonstrates product, using samples or catalog, and emphasizes salable features.
- Quotes prices and credit terms and prepares salescontracts for orders obtained.
- Estimates date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of own firm's production and delivery schedules.
- Prepares reports of business transactions and keeps expense accounts.
- Works with inside sales representatives to keep account activities and literature up to date.
- Tracks stock levels.
- Coordinates customer training.
- Enters new customer data and othersales data for current customers into computer database.
- Develops and maintains relationships with purchasing contacts.
- Investigates and resolves customer problems with deliveries.
- Attends trade shows
Requirements of the Sales Development Manager – Automotive HVLP Spray
- National territory, most business is in the Midwest and East Coast with50% travel.
- Minimum of 5-7years in the collision repair industry
- Possess the ability to demonstrate the company’s spray painting systems.
- Understands new market demand (know new channels to grow revenues quickly).
- Consultative selling strategy.
- Independent, driven, multi tasker
- GREAT communication, listens more than talks
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Budget development and oversight experience
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards
- Excels at operating in a fast pace environment
- Open to direction and collaborative work style and commitment to get the job done
- Ability to look at situations from several points of view
- Persuasive with details and facts
- Performance Management
- Technical Capacity- functionality of the sprayers, coating, compressed air/no air compressed
- Stress Management/Composure
- Business Acumen
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Presentation Skills
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Analytical - Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Design - Generates creative solutions; Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Project Management - Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal - Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
- Judgement - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- High school diploma or general educationdegree (GED)
Compensation for the Sales Development Manager – Automotive HVLP Spray
- Salary for the Sales Development Manager – Automotive HVLP Spray - $60,000
- Commission – 7.5% of net sales you generate (guarantee $25,000 in commissions the first year after hire). 2nd year on goal compensation is $150,000.
- Annual Bonus – 2.5% of total sales for meeting specific sales goals
- Auto – Reimbursed at current IRS rate
- Health Insurance – Reimbursed for personal plan (employee only)