Apex Learning is a digital curriculum company powered by smart people passionate about learning and motivated by results. An industry leader with deep expertise in digital instruction, Apex Learning works closely with school districts across the country to implement proven solutions that increase on-time graduation rates and create opportunities for student success in school and beyond. The company is driven by the understanding that supporting the needs of all students – from struggling to accelerated – strengthens schools and creates stronger communities, brighter futures and a more equitable world.
The Sales Development Manager is responsible for leading a team that provides outbound phone and email support for specific marketing and sales initiatives and qualifies inbound leads from webforms, chat-bots, events and phone calls converting them into sales opportunities. This team assures that potential customer’s get have a positive, well informed experience from their first interaction with Apex all the way to their introduction to the sales team. This team leader will collaborate with marketing and sales stakeholders to inform their strategy, educate their team and align their KPI’s with marketing messaging and positioning and sales revenue goals.
- Develop and implement lead generation, qualification and conversion strategies.
- Build and lead a team of 5-8 SDR’s that include the experience, knowledge and drive required to support your strategy.
- Understand, select and manage tools that accelerate and enhance the team’s efforts.
- Inform integration requirements between these tools and those in use by other departments, such as SalesForce Lightening, Outreach and Marketo.
- Create and train the team on processes that assure efficacy and efficiency.
- Design and manage a dashboard that shares real-time updates on team KPI’s.
- Provide frequent team training to maintain their knowledge of Apex solutions and SDR best-practices.
- Track and share the team’s performance with stakeholders of other associated departments.
- Use data to inform incremental improvements to the team strategy and refine team efforts.
Job Qualifications and Requirements:
- Strong team leadership, team building, and mentoring skills (prior Supervisory experience preferred).
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Attention to detail while addressing the needs of competing priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to troubleshoot and recommend solutions to resolve issues.
- Ability to analyze, evaluate, plan and execute work on time and on budget.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment background check.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of SaaS sales or business development experience.
- Minimum of 2 years experience leading and managing inbound or outbound lead generation teams.
- Experience with Salesforce and Outreach strongly preferred.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.