San Diego, CA
Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
5 - 7 years
Posted 126 days ago
We’re adding a Sales Consultant to our Technology vertical team. Successful Sales Consultants in this vertical love the sales process, excel at making data driven decisions, understand the needs of the Technology industry and are passionate about helping Technology businesses compete in today’s market. They understand how to turn a cold call into a face-to-face meeting, and then how to work with that prospect to create value for both that potential client and TriNet. They also thrive in high-growth environments with the ability to make an impact.
As a Sales Consultant in the Technology vertical, you will be responsible for selling our core Professional Employer Organization (PEO) services to new and/or established Technology businesses (typically less than 500 employees). You will work with these business owners and their leaders to help them contain costs, simplify administration, and minimize employer-related risk while providing excellent service to their employees by moving them to a consolidated HR model.
Sales Consultants target and convert prospects into clients with their thorough understanding of TriNet’s value proposition and their ability to quantify that benefit for clients. You will write proposals, gain appropriate approvals, and present those proposals to your prospective clients. You will utilize data to position products and enable customers to understand how TriNet’s products and services will impact their own P&L. You are also responsible for or meeting the yearly sales quota of Worksite Employees (WSE) by identifying, prospecting, presenting, proposing and closing our PEO services to C-level executives within TriNet’s defined verticals.
• Find and develop prospects by heavy networking, referrals, cold calling, direct selling, business development through support organizations, and Centers of Influence
• Employ consultative selling and establish a trusted advisor relationship in order to determine the prospect's needs, create engagement, alignment, desire, and acceptance
• Sell our core Professional Employer Organization (PEO) services to C-level executives at prospective small businesses by quantifying TriNet’s benefits and value proposition
• Work with business owners and their leaders to help them contain costs, simplify administration, and minimize employer-related risk by moving to a consolidated HR model
• Write proposals, gain appropriate approvals, and present approved proposals to prospective clients
• Utilize data to position products and involve the prospective customer in determining how various capabilities, products and services impact not only their P&L but also their ability to efficiently run their organization
• Responsible for concurrently moving a number of prospects through sequential stages of sales process: initial prospect meeting, request for proposal data gathering, benefits comparison, technology demonstration, proposal presentation, and close.
• Achieve the quota target by meeting sales metrics that drive business opportunities
• Complete all administrative tasks and duties in a timely manner
• Demonstrate POISE , TriNet’s core values, at all times
• Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the manager’s discretion.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Bachelor’s degree is a plus; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Training Requirements (licenses, programs, or certificates): None
• Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in consultative sales
• Minimum 5 years of B2B sales experiencerequired • Previous experience with developing own leads and prospecting for brand new business
• Human Capital Management industry experience a plus
• Prior experience selling in one of the following industries is a plus: SaaS, HRO, BPO
• Experience making Technology connections in local market
• Previous Technologyexperience; Should have sold to or worked at a Technology organization Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to communicate with employees at all levels of the organization
• Strong knowledge and understanding of both state and federal employment laws
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
• A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
• Ability to adapt to a fast paced continually changing business and work environment while managing multiple priorities
• Ability to use technology and common software and web applications, including MS Office and Salesforce.com
WORK ENVIRONMENT/OTHER INFORMATION (Travel required, physical requirements, on-callschedules, etc.)
• Ability and willingness to travel to prospective clients’ sites within United States
• Work in clean, pleasant, and comfortable office setting
• Ability and willingness to travel to prospective clients’ sites
• May be required to work at a TriNet office location (full-time or part-time)
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.