The Sales Consultant manages an account base in an assigned territory of small- to mid-sized chains with knowledge of the complexity of retail sales for Market Centre specializing in natural foods. Selling and providing merchandising support for the retailers is the core responsibility of this position, with the focus to grow sales and promote company products, programs, and services. The position works closely with Market Centre sales manager and staff, brokers, and manufacturers with retail account management on developing business opportunities to mutually grow sales.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Works with sales management to support, develop, and stimulate sales.
- Works closely with procurement and manufacturers on developing promotional opportunities and to ensure adequate inventory of new items and promotional products.
- Works on proposed itemization, product mix, and flow of section and/or store.
- Allocates proposed shelf space for new item placement and existing products lines to grow sales.
- Presents new items, promotional schedules, merchandising suggestions, and programs.
- Assists in marketing and merchandising when needed to achieve account results and desires.
- Works closely with customers to evaluate specialty-natural food sections.
- Recommends schematic changes and develops customer-specific schematics.
- Keeps Market Centre management informed of activities to include promotions, logistics, pricing, and all related flow of information.
- Obtains feedback from retail members/customers on products, promotions, and services. Works with accounts to resolve issues and provide support for products or services.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or related discipline. In the absence of formal education, significant and directly-related experience may be substituted.
- 3 years minimum of related natural, organic, or specialty food sales experience, preferably as an account representative or sales representative. Sales ability demonstrated by a history of achieving and exceeding sales forecasts.
- Knowledge of natural, organic, and specialty food products and ingredient standards and industry trends, suppliers, and retailers required.
- Knowledge of store merchandising practices and standards.
- Good working knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working independently without direct supervision.
- Valid driver’s license, proof of auto insurance coverage, and a safe driving record. Willingness and ability to travel to perform job duties.