Less than 5 years experience • Software
JOB TITLE: Sales Consultant
Compensation: $120-150K average in first year. There is no compensation cap
Benefits: Full Benefit Package
About our Client:
Our client is an undisputed industry leader offering traffic management systems/products to state and local governments transportation departments nationwide. Their leading edge technology is the most widely deployed of its kind in the US. New products for traffic control, video detection systems, equipment panels, etc. combine for a standalone system that has improved traffic flows and reduced accidents from coast to coast resulting in multiple industry awards and accolades. Excellent leadership and career pathing is in place to enhance your advancement opportunities within the organization. This is a good one guys!
- Communicate with Traffic Engineers regarding the benefits of the company’s traffic control systems and solutions that improve traffic flow, reduce stops and delay, reduce emissions and ultimately save lives through customer interactions and technical content support
- Develop consultative and “trusted advisor” status with the state and local traffic engineering departments.
- Meet or exceed assigned individual sales goals and contribute to the overall company goals
- Monitor and assist new partners (integrators, OEMs) during the installation and deployment period
- Forecast opportunity lifecycles in a timely and accurate manner
- Work with multiple sales and operational personnel, including Sales Engineering and Sales Coordinators, to recommend solutions that directly impact the quality of life for communities in dire need of better traffic management.
- Focused on building need and driving opportunity within new customer accounts
- Follow up on leads provided by the marketing department through a variety of prospecting activities
- Maintain excellent documentation; attention to detail in reporting is essential
- Aggressively close/assist in closing new business through mid- to long-term sales cycles
- Maintain and grow relationships with existing clients in order to develop new business
- Travel to foster new business and build relationships
- Other duties or special projects as assigned
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree
- Your understanding of the challenges a Traffic Engineer faces on a daily basis is critical to your success. Former Traffic Engineers for example have been very effective in this consultative type sales role.
- If you are not a Traffic Engineer, it is mandatory that you have a minimum of 2-5years of experienceselling to city/county or state traffic engineering departments and planning organizations, etc..
- Strong persuasive, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- A competitive drive that seeks winning solutions and desire to support a diverse team.
- A high degree of proficiency in Microsoft Office – specifically Excel, Word and Outlook – and adaptability to web- and browser-based programs is a must.
- Capability to focus and execute tasks quickly with excellence and minimal supervision.
- Ability to flourish in a high-growth, dynamic, entrepreneurial environment.
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to juggle multiple time-sensitive requests