Internal Job Title: Dealer Consultant (DC)
Reports to: Sales AVP
FLSA Status: Exempt, full-time
Salary: Competative base salary plus quarterly incentive
Location: Remote (relocation assistance is not provided)
GWC Warranty is the nation's leading provider of vehicle service contracts sold through independent and franchised car dealers. Since 1995, GWC has been keeping drivers on the road by providing exceptional claims administration and expansive coverage options while delivering a "No Worries, Just Drive" experience to drivers nationwide. GWC Warranty has been a trusted partner of over 20, car dealerships nationwide.
We have a “work hard, play hard” work environment, a supportive leadership team and friendly co-workers. We offer industry competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, health savings accounts, flexible spending accounts, life and disability insurance, 401k with company match, Employee Assistance Plan, paid holidays, personal time off and more.
The Dealer Consultant establishes, maintains and continually develops through prospecting and networking a client list of Independent and Franchise Automobile Dealers who are authorized and empowered to sell service contracts, warranties and other ancillary products as directed by the Sales AVP. Directly manages sales and marketing activities in the assigned territory by personally performing the following duties:
- Develop and implement strategic sales plans including “monthly sales plan” and “dealer level sales forecast” to meet or exceed corporate goals.
- Compile lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from newspapers, business directories, industry ads, industry/trade association events, trade shows, auto auctions, auto trader ads, yellow pages, referrals, Internet web sites, and other sources provided by corporate office and/or AVP.
- Contact and qualify prospective dealers through referral sources, advertising leads and cold calls to present the GWC Value Proposition using professional selling techniques with a high level of confidence.
- Develop and maintain long term Dealer-Partner business relationships through frequent service calls, relationship building, issue resolution and training.
- Build positive/productive relationships with owners, general managers and other key contacts within the dealership.
- Advise dealers concerning sales and advertising techniques.
- Coordinate/implement dealer training through F&I Department.
- Investigate and resolve customer and dealer problems regarding claims, contracts, payments, etc. in an accurate and timely manner.
- Effectively manage expenses while traveling throughout assigned territory to service existing GWC dealers and contact prospective dealers to solicit business for GWC.
- Complete daily, weekly and monthly business reports for Sales AVP in a timely and accurate manner.
- Identify finance companies used by dealers and collaborate with Sales AVP and Director of Strategic Alliances to develop effective business relationships.
- Review market analysis to determine market penetration, and overall sales revenue. Prepare periodic salesreports showing volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed dealer growth.
- Monitor and evaluate the activities and products of the competition.
- Represent GWC at dealer/trade association meetings, trade shows and auto auctions to promote GWC products.
- Protect the confidentiality of GWC’s dealer data, reports and its dealers’ business information.
- Project a positive and professional image of GWC at all times.
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree* and a minimum of 3-5years of outside or field salesexperience with a proven track record for delivering outstanding results (*Significant job-related experience and professional accomplishment may be considered a substitute).
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Must be a self-starter, results driven, accountable, professional and collaborative
- Must have excellent communication, negotiation and follow-up skills
- Must have strong decision making and problem-solving abilities
- Must have reliable transportation and be willing to travel locally up to 75% of the time
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record at all times.
- Must have a reliable vehicle, valid registration and adequate auto insurance at all times.
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and a comprehensive background check
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
GWC Warranty is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants shall be considered for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.