TriNet is a leading provider of comprehensive human resources solutions for small to midsize businesses (SMBs). We enhance business productivity by enabling our clients to outsource their HR function to one strategic partner and allowing them to focus on operating and growing their core businesses.
Our full-service HR solutions include features such as payroll processing, human capital consulting, employment law compliance and employee benefits, including health insurance, retirement plans and workers’ compensation insurance.
TriNet has a nationwide presence and an experienced executive team. Our stock is publicly traded on the NYSE under the ticker symbol TNET. If you’re passionate about innovation and making an impact on the large SMB market, come join us as we power our clients’ business success with extraordinary HR.
This, along with our stellar people, talented leadership team, and industry-leading technology platform, makes us a highly desirable place to work. But don’t just take it from us. Some of our accolades include:
- Best and Brightest Companies to Work For® by the National Association for Business Resources (NABR)
- Best and Brightest in Wellness
- Corporate Social Responsibility Program of the Year for TriNet Cares
- 50 Best Companies to Sell For - 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 by Selling Power Magazine
Now we want to add you to our team of more than 2,800 colleagues across the U.S.
· Grit (exhibits perseverance, passion)
· Challenger (likes to win; is assertive)
· Strong work ethic (self-motivated)
· Positive outlook (views challenges as opportunities)
· Honest (direct in communications; ethical)
· Persistent (tenacious)
· Resilient (recovers gracefully from misfortune or change)
· Curiosity (desire to learn and cares about vertical)
· Empathy – understand and care about the challenges the vertical is facing
· Professional demeanor
· General business acumen (understands the economics of operating small to medium-sized businesses, P & L, business life cycle, etc.
· Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Proven utilization and cognizance of effective sales techniques
· Strong understanding of Nonprofit industry
· Nonprofit connections in local market
· Financial acumen
· Insight-based selling style
· Consultative selling
· Disciplined (methodical (able to adhere to processes and move prospects through the sales cycle)
· Takes initiative to learn the trade: products, services, clients, markets, etc.
· Networking (ability to meet and connect people to help each other)
· 3+ years of experience in consultative sales
· 5+ years of B2B sales, preferably in SMB market
· Sales lead development and prospecting for new business
· Prior experienceselling in PEO industry preferred
· Direct selling with a disciplined process to move a prospect through sequential stages of awareness, education, interest and closure
· Demonstrated success over multiple years at the same company
· Experience in vertical (vertical connections in local market; should have sold to or worked within vertical)
As TriNet continues to grow, we continue to seek top salespeople who are looking for an opportunity to join our team as a Nonprofit Sales Consultant. The individual in this role is responsible for pursuing new prospects and selling TriNet’s full-service HR solution providing payroll, benefits, compliance and an HR team. The primary target markets comprise companies with 10-200 employees within the Nonprofit industry sector. This individual is also responsible for meeting TriNet’s yearly sales quota of Worksite Employees (WSE) by identifying, prospecting, presenting, proposing and closing our offering to C- level executives.
Additionally, the Nonprofit Sales Consultant works with these SMBs to help them contain HR costs, simplify administration, and minimize employer-related risk while providing excellent service to their employees by moving them to our full-service HR model. S/he demonstrates a thorough understanding of TriNet’s value proposition and has the ability to quantify this benefit for clients. S/he writes proposals, gains appropriate approvals, and presents those proposals to prospective clients.
Finally, the individual who assumes this role utilizes data to position products and enable customers to understand how TriNet will impact their own P&L.
We’re adding a Sales Consultant to our Nonprofit vertical team. Successful Sales Consultants in this vertical love the sales process, excel at making data driven decisions, understand the needs of the Nonprofit industry and are passionate about helping Nonprofit businesses compete in today’s market. They understand how to turn a cold call into a face-to-face meeting, and then how to work with that prospect to create value for both that potential client and TriNet. They also thrive in high-growth environments with the ability to make an impact.
As a Sales Consultant in the Nonprofit vertical, you will be responsible for selling our core Professional Employer Organization (PEO) services to new and/or established Nonprofit businesses (typically less than 500 employees). You will work with these business owners and their leaders to help them contain costs, simplify administration, and minimize employer-related risk while providing excellent service to their employees by moving them to a consolidated HR model.
Sales Consultants target and convert prospects into clients with their thorough understanding of TriNet’s value proposition and their ability to quantify that benefit for clients. You will write proposals, gain appropriate approvals, and present those proposals to your prospective clients. You will utilize data to position products and enable customers to understand how TriNet’s products and services will impact their own P&L. You are also responsible for or meeting the yearly sales quota of Worksite Employees (WSE) by identifying, prospecting, presenting, proposing and closing our PEO services to C-level executives within TriNet’s defined verticals.
· Find and develop prospects by heavy networking, referrals, cold calling, direct selling, business development through support organizations, and Centers of Influence
· Employ consultative selling and establish a trusted advisor relationship in order to determine the prospect's needs, create engagement, alignment, desire, and acceptance
· Sell our core Professional Employer Organization (PEO) services to C-level executives at prospective small businesses by quantifying TriNet’s benefits and value proposition
· Work with business owners and their leaders to help them contain costs, simplify administration, and minimize employer-related risk by moving to a consolidated HR model
· Write proposals, gain appropriate approvals, and present approved proposals to prospective clients
· Utilize data to position products and involve the prospective customer in determining how various capabilities, products and services impact not only their P&L but also their ability to efficiently run their organization
· Responsible for concurrently moving a number of prospects through sequential stages of sales process: initial prospect meeting, request for proposal data gathering, benefits comparison, technology demonstration, proposal presentation, and close.
· Achieve the quota target by meeting sales metrics that drive business opportunities
· Complete all administrative tasks and duties in a timely manner
· Demonstrate POISE , TriNet’s core values, at all times
· Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the manager’s discretion.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Bachelor’s degree is a plus; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Training Requirements (licenses, programs, or certificates): None
· Minimum 3-5years’ experience in consultative sales
· Minimum 5years of B2B salesexperiencerequired
· Previous experience with developing own leads and prospecting for brand new business
· Human Capital Management industry experience a plus
· Prior experienceselling in one of the following industries is a plus: SaaS, HRO, BPO
· Experience making Nonprofit connections in local market
· Previous Nonprofit experience. Should have sold to or worked at a Nonprofit organization
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to communicate with employees at all levels of the organization
· Strong knowledge and understanding of both state and federal employment laws
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
· A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
· Ability to adapt to a fast paced continually changing business and work environment while managing multiple priorities
· Ability to use technology and common software and web applications, including MS Office and Salesforce.com
--> Base salary, ramp-up guarantee + uncapped commission
- Benefits day 1; 401K + match; Equity plan, Generous PTO (with rollover); Club Trips (next year is Rome!), and more...